Traded CRH silver for Dogecoin

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple weeks ago I sold a box of 40% and bought Dogecoin crypto.
Turned out to be a GREAT trade so far.
I got tired of silver sitting stagnant.
For what I invested I can afford to lose it of Dogecoin tanks.
But it keeps going up.
And, I think there will be a real spike upward next week.
Elon Musk is the host of SNL next week.
He has hinted that he is going to promote Dogecoin bigtime.
He mentioned that he is the Dogecoin Godfather and that he was hosting SNL in the same sentence.
Dogecoin has gone from .19 to .39 now.
I figured CRH profit is a good way to take a chance with some crypto.
Anyone else doing this?

Upvote 0

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought $100 worth when it was .7. Maybe 2 months ago but have sold about 2/3 when it hit .30. I think it will do alright and better than silver but the ceiling might be around .50.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been in the crypto game since 2015. Sold most of my BTC when it hit $20k. Been accumulating ETH since right after the 2018 crash and subsequent bear market.

Doing very well right now 8-)

Chainlink (LINK) is another big one for me, it's going to be very important in the DeFi/smart contracts space.

As for DOGE, I bought 125 of 'em pretty late in the game at .20. I missed selling at .42 on 4/20 so I set two limits to sell half at .42 and half at .45 and they both triggered last night. Doubled my money.

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been in the crypto game since 2015. Sold most of my BTC when it hit $20k. Been accumulating ETH since right after the 2018 crash and subsequent bear market.

Doing very well right now 8-)

Chainlink (LINK) is another big one for me, it's going to be very important in the DeFi/smart contracts space.

As for DOGE, I bought 125 of 'em pretty late in the game at .20. I missed selling at .42 on 4/20 so I set two limits to sell half at .42 and half at .45 and they both triggered last night. Doubled my money.
Dogecoin just hit .60
I also have 2 ETH
I have made more $ this week in Crypt than any week with silver.
I think Doge is going to keep going up till Saturday with Elon Musk on SNL.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dodge is up so freaking much.

My good friend has earned about a decades worth of income this year with dodge coin.

I saw his app yesterday has 480,000 usd in dodge coin, and the price has gone up like 33% today

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is my back story on Dogecoin.
In 2017 I bought some 2014 Dogecoin physical 1oz coins.
A friend of mine at work was buying Crypto and kept telling me to jump in.
So I bought $300.00 worth of Dogecoin.
It was at .00035
That got me 857,143 "coins"
I put it into a platform called Polonix.
In 2019 I got a message from Polonix that they were no longer supporting accounts from the United States.
My options were either move my Crypto to another platform that supports Dogecoin
(Not many at that time) or they would send me a check for $345.00.
I took the $ with a profit of $45.00
Today that $300.00 investment would be worth $514,285.00
Glad I stuck a few thousand back into it a few weeks ago.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Coinbase so they do not trade Doge...Robbin da Hood does, but trying to get money out of them is damn near impossible...

What platforms are you using to by Doge?

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dogecoin just hit .60
I also have 2 ETH
I have made more $ this week in Crypt than any week with silver.
I think Doge is going to keep going up till Saturday with Elon Musk on SNL.

I agree, DOGE will continue to climb as Elon's appearance on SNL approaches. I wish I would've remembered I had those two limits placed, I would've canceled them and rode this wave to it's pinnacle.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use Coinbase so they do not trade Doge...Robbin da Hood does, but trying to get money out of them is damn near impossible...

I'm on seven different exchanges; Binance.us is where I bought my DOGE, but I'm also on regular Binance, Coinbase, Coinbase Pro, Uphold, KuCoin, and Crypto.com.

I use a hardware wallet for storage and just move some into whatever exchange has coins I want to purchase or if I want to take some profit.

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other

I am using Kraken

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree, DOGE will continue to climb as Elon's appearance on SNL approaches. I wish I would've remembered I had those two limits placed, I would've canceled them and rode this wave to it's pinnacle.
Doge down to .51 now.
It's going to be 2 steps up 1 step back for the rest of the week.
Crypto is not for the faint of heart.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with risky investments. That is where there is the greatest potential for life changing rewards.

Using CRH money to take the emotional edge off of the risk sounds like a reasonable way to bring the courage level up. It does seem easier to risk easy money even though it is just as real as the money you have to work hard for. (Actually CRH money is arguably more real than the money you get through payroll, buy you know what I mean.)

There've been a number of things I look back at and wish that I'd have had the courage to do when I first learned of them.

I very briefly dabbled in mining BTC when that was a thing that anyone with a high end graphics card could do without much hassle. I decided it wasn't worth it because it would take more than a month to make a share (of course that would have turned into $40k today). I left and abandoned the measly wallet that would probably be worth $15k today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread