Another silver from the teller tray

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to a few banks this morning. At one where they save halves for me (also one of the few places I eat where I dump in terms of nickels and dimes), they had $5.50 and one was this 1964-P
$140 of dimes and $38 of nickels were all a skunk

halves 5-15.jpg

thanks for looking

Upvote 0

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
the tellers around here cull silver and are either able to buy it out of the trays themselves or if not allowed have a surrogate do it for them

OP
OP
C

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
the tellers around here cull silver and are either able to buy it out of the trays themselves or if not allowed have a surrogate do it for them

Don't get me wrong, there must be plenty around here that collect silver (which is probably why at certain banks I always get skunked from the teller tray, or they say they never have any halves), but there are a good number that either don't know or just don't care.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't get me wrong, there must be plenty around here that collect silver (which is probably why at certain banks I always get skunked from the teller tray, or they say they never have any halves), but there are a good number that either don't know or just don't care.

I agree with you many don't know. I do have one bank that saves halves for me, even saved 4 Franklins for me one time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread