An Eventful Visit to the Bank

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the bank today to pick up my weekly box of halves. As I was socially distanced in line, I noticed that there were some coins in the reject tray of the coin counting machine. I grabbed the contents which I counted when I got home : $3.24 of non-damaged U.S. coins -- not sure why they were rejected, but I'll take them.

When I opened the half dollar box, I noticed a JFK silver ender (reverse was showing, but I knew it was silver). I cracked that roll first and it was indeed a 40% silver half.

As I made my way through the rest of the box, I kept piling up the silver. Final tally (all JFK) : 3 @ 90% and 38 @ 40%.

Icing on the cake : a 1982P 'no FG' half and a 1974S impaired proof.

See attached.

Attachments

• 40% 19-may-21.jpg
    40% 19-may-21.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 69
  • 90% 19-may-21.jpg
    90% 19-may-21.jpg
    384.3 KB · Views: 60
  • 1982P no FG 19-may-21.jpg
    1982P no FG 19-may-21.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 64
  • 1974S 19-may-21.jpg
    1974S 19-may-21.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that score and thanks for giving us a little hope when our banks have stopped ordering. Today, I dumped my fifth consecutive skunk box of the year and a new "masks optional" sign greeted me on the front door of my dump credit union. Drove 30 miles to my "local" Lowes and stopped at two branches of my pickup banks - no halves available.

OP
OP
B

blueberra

Oct 15, 2009
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on that score and thanks for giving us a little hope when our banks have stopped ordering. Today, I dumped my fifth consecutive skunk box of the year and a new "masks optional" sign greeted me on the front door of my dump credit union. Drove 30 miles to my "local" Lowes and stopped at two branches of my pickup banks - no halves available.
Honestly, when I get a big score like this, I post it so other CRHers realize there is still silver out there. As Adam Clayton Powell Jr. said, "Keep the faith, baby"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread