Once again, more silver from the teller tray

CJ9

Dec 15, 2018
NYC area
Primary Interest:
Other
At one of the 3 banks I went into this afternoon, the teller had $8 in loose halves and I got 4 40%ers

1967 x3
1968-D

The $130 in dimes and the $16 in nickels were a skunk

halves 6-18.jpg

Thanks for looking and HH

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank manager at my bank just retired and she used to snipe all the silver but she wouldn't take the 40%ers, she let me have those and a lot of people don't realize there was any silver past 1964. So I end up with more 40% than any other unless it's a coin star find then I might get some 90% dimes.

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bank manager at my bank just retired and she used to snipe all the silver but she wouldn't take the 40%ers, she let me have those and a lot of people don't realize there was any silver past 1964. So I end up with more 40% than any other unless it's a coin star find then I might get some 90% dimes.

So you just check the coin star bin when you are in the store? I have Walmart here that has a coin star, I guess i should be checking when I go shopping.

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you just check the coin star bin when you are in the store? I have Walmart here that has a coin star, I guess i should be checking when I go shopping.

The wal mart near me has the coinstar in the front, just around the corner from the service desk, more than a few times I have found something stuffed into the reject chute (usually a few plastic bags) keeping coin from falling into the cup, check carefully as I expect a clerk or someone who works there figured out how to do that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread