How do you think this will affect CRH? Screenshot_20210710-193418_Chrome.jpg

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Depends on what their mintage is. 2018-D halves are already fairly easy to come by in Vegas slots and there's only 6 mil of those.

2022 Red Book says there's just 5.7 mil combined for both P&D 2021's. Of course those might be just estimates.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting but irrelevant to CRH. IMO, the coin shortage story will end when the armored truck companies hire more people to transport coins. Except for a brief tease of 5 skunk cases the last week of April and first week of May, I have gotten nothing but this coin shortage story for the last 17 months.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
2 skunks last week, but this week halfway through the first box and one 1968D, the other box has a 1969 ender so no skunk there

oh and 900 dimes to go until the bag is full and I can buy it

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I just landed two full boxes of NIFC 2021 P halves. I already dumped one. This on the heels of several boxes of almost solid 1995-96. Heart breaker my main pickup bank is done for now. On to the next one.

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
Latest box a skunk, did get 3 nice proofs.

hadn't ordered it but the bank called and said they ordered one by mistake did I want it...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
General Circulation ? LOL like the Dollar Coins ?
they get thrown in the Miscellaneous junk spot in the Cash Register & Only get pulled if the Customer asks
what they have. I Don't call that General Circulation.
Last Saturday morning I attended a Auction {House & Contents] the French Fry/burger bus
on site handed me a Half when I Bought a $1.50 Bottle of Water.
After Commenting on the Surprise, She told me They give Halves to everyone who gets 50 Cents in Change.
Now that's General Circulation. She also said allot tell her she owes them another Quarter after she hands them the half 8-)

I don't think people will ever get used to Halves

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke some more with one of my tellers today about coin boxes. She told me they were unable to get deliveries for their own use. A regional manager for the bank drives around the region delivering coins to the branches. I told her I'd heard the armored trucks were down to just a driver. She replied that most recently, two drivers told them they were quitting for lack of support and inadequate staffing. Perhaps we can volunteer to work at a sorting center and free up some workers to drive and accompany drivers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread