Back in the saddle
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Back in the saddle

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2006
    64 times

Back in the saddle

I had been away from this site for several or so years, until I happened to sign on a month or so ago, and saw a familiar (screen) name.

Immy and I were friendly rivals/colleagues back in the hey day of this hobby/forum (~'06 - ~'11). For various and sundry reasons we both had left the forum. So I was all to happy to see Immy had come back, and was doing well. That may have encouraged me, a tad, for I'm going back out to banks and a see what can still be found.

I haven't quite the bragging numbers ole Immy has, but I also haven't (yet) put in the time.

Eight boxes of halves the last several or so weeks, and only a lone 40%er and an NIFC I didn't have yet, to show for it. However, as I had posted last month, I did walk away with a very nice small haul from a bank's coin counter bag.

So. thanks for the nudge, old pal, and let's see if we can kick start this forum again.

Happy Hunting, all.
    Last edited by thurmownator; Aug 19, 2021 at 04:44 AM.
    "You can't win if you don't play"

"Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining"

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

us
    Mar 2005
    Vegas
    499 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Amen brutha, and good to see you back!

Can't tell you how great it is to see TNet vets returning. Things have changed a helluva lot since then but if there was ever a time to rekindle the ol' hobby, it's now, when we need an immersive, enjoyable distraction from this mad world.

If only we could get GMan back into the Old Timers club...
    SD51 and angelito1 like this.
    MOVE THE COINSTAR FINDS THREAD TO THE COIN ROLL HUNTING FORUM!

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Immy View Post
    Amen brutha, and good to see you back!

Can't tell you how great it is to see TNet vets returning. Things have changed a helluva lot since then but if there was ever a time to rekindle the ol' hobby, it's now, when we need an immersive, enjoyable distraction from this mad world.

If only we could get GMan back into the Old Timers club...
    I still monitor the forum fairly regularly, but I have been too busy with my other hobby (sports cards) to do much with coins unfortunately.
    angelito1 and Immy like this.

us
    Feb 2007
    Northern Arizona
    Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil Gold Bug 2
    241 times
    Welcome back, I do remember seeing your posts way back when. Things have been really slow here in northern Az for finding any silver halves. But it is a hobby, so I take what I can find when I find it.
    Immy likes this.

us
    Dec 2006
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GMan00001 View Post
    I still monitor the forum fairly regularly, but I have been too busy with my other hobby (sports cards) to do much with coins unfortunately.
    Ahhh, another kindred spirit from days of yore. Good to see you still out there Gman. Hey if we can find TXTim & LJ maybe we can "get the band back together.".

Wishing you good luck, and I plan to do more CRHing and posting back on this forum, and trust you will too.

Stay safe and good hunting, old friend.
    Immy likes this.

"If you're prone to motion sickness, this "roller coaster" hobby may not be for you "

us
    Dec 2006
    64 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weighit View Post
    Welcome back, I do remember seeing your posts way back when. Things have been really slow here in northern Az for finding any silver halves. But it is a hobby, so I take what I can find when I find it.

Thanks weighit. Good to be back. Don't give up. Remember, "Behind every dark cloud is a silver lining". Thurm
    Immy likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Dec 2008
    St. Augustine, FL
    2004 times
    Never left (for long). I might not visit the forum everyday, but still hunting 40+ years.
    Immy likes this.

us
    Apr 2005
    North Carolina
    Garrett AT Gold
    2545 times
    Wow! Great to see alot of the old gang! I read the forum almost every day, but sadly there aren't near as many posts as there used to be.
    Diver_Down, thurmownator and Immy like this.
    COIN ROLL HUNTING TOTALS!

Wheats..6
    Buffalos..0
    war nickels.0
    Silv Dimes...-4
    Silv Quarters-0/0
    Barbers-0/0
    Walker 0
    Bens- 0
    Kenn. 90%- 0
    Kenn. 40%- 0
    Proof- 0
    Silv. Proof -0
    Commemorative-0/0

us
    Feb 2007
    Northern Arizona
    241 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    Wow! Great to see alot of the old gang! I read the forum almost every day, but sadly there aren't near as many posts as there used to be.
    I find the banks are not nearly as easy to work or deal with as in the past. Maybe just around here, don't know for sure.
    Immy likes this.

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by weighit View Post
    I find the banks are not nearly as easy to work or deal with as in the past. Maybe just around here, don't know for sure.
    While I have been too busy with my other hobby to do much, I will add that what was my main pickup back merged with another bank and no longer allows the selling of bags off their coin machines and my main dump bank got rid of their automatic coin counters.

In other words, if I was to get back into it more than just dabbling a little, I would need to come up with a whole new strategy to do any volume.
    thurmownator, weighit and Immy like this.

us
    Feb 2007
    Northern Arizona
    241 times
    While I have been too busy with my other hobby to do much, I will add that what was my main pickup back merged with another bank and no longer allows the selling of bags off their coin machines and my main dump bank got rid of their automatic coin counters.

In other words, if I was to get back into it more than just dabbling a little, I would need to come up with a whole new strategy to do any volume.
    That is exactly my problem here in northern Az. Branches are closing, lack of tellers and cutting hours of lobby open times. Some banks are being bought up by another bank and they won't order boxes. Might just have to go back to metal detecting old places again....rats! Coin Roll Hunting was so much easier on the old knees.
    Immy likes this.

us
    Dec 2009
    AR
    Minelab E-Trac
    1087 times
    Quote Originally Posted by enamel7 View Post
    In my early days here, I believe I was more addicted to the forum than actually hunting.
    thurmownator, enamel7 and Immy like this.

us
    Dec 2006
    64 times
    I hear what you're saying Gman. However, I don't count us old timers out just yet. With age and experience comes wisdom. Keep the faith, brother.
    Immy likes this.

us
    Dec 2006
    64 times

I hear what you're saying Gman. However, I don't count us old timers out just yet. With age and experience comes wisdom. Keep the faith, brother.
    Immy likes this.

Dec 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Garrett Ace 250
    211 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thurmownator View Post
    While I could probably find my way to a new strategy, my bigger issue is time as my other hobby keeps me quite busy.
    Immy likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links