Heck of a Bank Stop Today!

wallyblackburn

May 11, 2007
Had the day off and I was going to dump some rejects at a bank with a free counter. On the way, I was passing a bank I've stopped at a bunch of times. Gotten a few here and there, nothing great. Waited in line for quite a while and finally got up there and asked. Teller was sweet and asked other tellers - 1 said she had "a bunch". How many do I want? I said I'll take $200 worth. OK, well we have $190. I'll take 'em.

I had on a heavy flannel shirt and filled each pocket with rolls and then carried about 5-6 rolls in my hand. While fumbling for my keys, a roll falls out of my hand and all the coins tumble out in the snow! Dammit!

I look down and see silver! I hastily put the other rolls in my van and pick up the dropped halves. I see a Ben or 2 and a bunch of 40%ers. Sweet! I wrap those in a paper towel and save them for last in case rest were skunky. No need...

Silver everywhere! Somebody had recently dumped a bunch of old halves! I ended up with:

• 8 Walkers
  • 15 Franklins
  • 21 90% Kens
  • 93 40% Kens

I love those kind of CRH trips! Remaining banks were not great - picked up a couple more 40%ers. Didn't matter, I was on cloud nine.

Attachments

• 07Dec07b.jpg
    07Dec07b.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 366
Upvote 0

THEDUKE

Feb 20, 2007
Ocean County New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/DI PRO SL
Wow thats Great.

every time I walk in a bank and ask for half's they normally say we don't have any.
well I asked in 6 banks so far
only way I can get them is ordering boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread