GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There used to be a couple of people on here from Canada, not sure where they went. Though I have heard halves in Canada are just about impossible to get.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I was at rescue training in Vancouver earlier this year. I had a chance to go to one bank. Sorry, no US coins. If you hit enough, you might find some. Maybe even (yikes, shades of dream rolls) some that have been in a vault for years. You just never know. If I lived near the border I just might make a run.

OP
OP
B

Badfrog

Aug 31, 2007
I was more thinking of Canadian coins as I don't think a bank in CAnada will sell you a roll of american coins.

TL

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badfrog said:
I was more thinking of Canadian coins as I don't think a bank in CAnada will sell you a roll of american coins.

TL
if your in Canada why would you want to look threw American coins? Canada im sure still has silver in circulation.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to CRH in canada....dump a pile of coins on the floor and just magnet up the non-silver 8)

HH
-GC

misiek

Nov 2, 2007
Plattsburgh,NY & Mississauga,Ontario
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Me and my brother are Canadian. During this winter break we will go to virtually every bank in our city...In Mississauga theres more then enough and they are close to each other(6th largest city in Canada).

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
misiek said:
Me and my brother are Canadian. During this winter break we will go to virtually every bank in our city...In Mississauga theres more then enough and they are close to each other(6th largest city in Canada).
how do you guys do in Canada?

OP
OP
B

Badfrog

Aug 31, 2007
In the banks you visit in Mississauga, do you get only the halfs and old dollar coins the have at the counter or can they order them for you ? The tellers here (Quebec) don't even know about halfs most of the time.

TL

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know anything about silver CRHing in Canada but i do know people sort through cents and nickels for the older copper and nickel coins.

I know of one person that did very well sorting nickels. If interested PM me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread