Slowly.......

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
...........I'm "adding to the pile"; after last Friday's silver rush.

The bag of $225 of loose halves I picked up yesterday, and peeked in to see at least two silver halves, only did produce those two as keepers: a 65 and a 67.

Box # 9 (of halves for the year) yielded a 63d and 05px2

Box # 10 only coughed up a 72 proof.

Oh well, picking up two more boxes today......... (and there's always that jury duty/field trip to look forward to at the end of the month.) 8)

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep plugging Thurm.....you have a great month going. Your right though....the piles grow one silver at a time.....patience and perseverance baby!!! You have always had the attitude for it.......

Good luck.....

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the positive vibes LJ !

Box #s 11 & 12 tonight were both skunks. :(

Picking two more tomorrow. Let's see if we can't get this roller coaster going back up again.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Box # 13 & # 14 were both skunks. :( Ouch, that's four in a row.

I guess the karma, ying/yang, roller coaster (take your pick) is keeping me balanced; given the very good start I've had this year.

Did pick up some foreign coin when dumping rejects: Mexican 5 peso ('85) and 1 peso ('94) and a Philippine 5 piso ('97).

May have to hit some (more) banks for loose rolls/coins; as the Fed boxes have been very weak so far this year.

Great weekend all.

OP
OP
thurmownator

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Boxes # 15 & 16 were two more skunks. :( :(

That's six Fed box skunks in a row..........and from the same bank. Glad I've got four more coming this week from two other banks; though if its the same armored service (don't recall offhand) the results may be the same.

If it wasn't for coin counter bags and loose halves I've picked up this month (and quite successfully I might add) it would be a pretty bleak January so far.

But, you can't win if you don't play.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread