Some recent till finds - silver, merc, IH cent, 1918 wheat plus more

firecrest789

Oct 21, 2007
Rome, NY
Detector(s) used
Lone star
The merc dime was sitting in my till underneath some dimes. I wasn't in work for a few days so it must have just sat at the bottom of the dimes.

I get so excited finding good coins :)

I end up opening so much coins they don't give me any until I absolutely need them. So what I do is pay every one in change as much as possible.

27 cents = two dimes and seven pennies!!!!! I can go through 200 pennies in one night. It is kind of a challenge but it increases the fun anyways!!!!

Attachments

• till116.jpg
    till116.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 260
Upvote 0
S

seger98

Congratulations on the coins, that's funny how you hand out the change! Wonder where you work, cuz I can pay for alot in halves...... ;D

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
maximizing change return for your own personal goals and gain....shame on you!
BUT AWESOME!
Congrats on the finds.
Kinda like I am always trying to pay in as much change as possible,
Does anyone ever notice or look at there change and give you a funny look or comment or do they just blindly take it?

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
I personally don't mind a bit,if someone wants to give me lots of change. I have to order it less and I get a chance to look at the "new change". Plus it's good customer service!

My IHP has dropped a LOT since I been reading this forum,lol. But I'm always looking for the "odd" looking coin or bill. As I said before. I like when called up to cashier. Get to hunt the cash drawer!

OP
OP
firecrest789

firecrest789

Oct 21, 2007
Rome, NY
Detector(s) used
Lone star
Mostly people are in a hurry and take it.

99.8 percent of the time no matter how much change there is people just drop it in a cup holder or on the side of the door or just toss it out the window. They only care about the bills.

.01 puts the chang in there pocket
.01 couns the change, yeah you more hippy man in your van!!!!!!

and after 12 most of the people are getting drunk, on the way to get drunker or teenage kids coming from a movies.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to mark the merc and possibly the wheats off my 2008 tracking list, but I need to know if the date and mintmark in order to cross it off, can you list them please. The IH I can read from the pic.

OP
OP
firecrest789

firecrest789

Oct 21, 2007
Rome, NY
Detector(s) used
Lone star
merc 1929 no mint mark on coin

1944 wheat penny no mint

1950 wheat no mint
1956 wheat D mint