Change is on the horizon

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Stopped by my regular pickup today and she didn't order any cause she didn't think I had picked up last weeks 2 boxes. "Will order right now and be in tomarrow", OK fine. Late this afternoon she calls and says she can only get one box tomarrow and doesn't know about Fridays, then she mentioned another branch (Friday pickup) and asked ME if I ordered boxes there as well. I said yes and she says that I may have the same problem there as they have reached their quota for halves and unless TPTB raise the quota I may be SOL. I told her I also pick up at a third branch, $1000 a week for the last 6 monthes. I can't remember when I set up to pick up at these two extra branches, must have been December when my percentages fell off the cliff. But looks like some changes in the works. I have another bank lined up that uses a different armoured service but hate to pound them too hard for fear of the same treatment. I ordered two boxes and when i went to pick them up asked when she recieved coin. She said didn't matter so I said well when you order some coin get $1000 in halves and call ME, I may have to go back and say I lied- I need the halves now haha. This bank also has numerous branches so maybe I can set up a couple boxes for every day- BTW the last thousand I got there was the old colored FED boxes so maybe that armoured service has a lil stockpile, need to run them out pronto haha.
I managed to scalp a couple boxes from a place where I go down to the vault in the basement, I got 1 40%er for ME trouble. I think the guy down there is weighing the boxes and highgradin.
Anyways just when I got my system down and runnin smooth looks like some changes are on the horizon. HH all, Mark

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am sorry to hear that Mark. I know the big bank have contracts where it doesn't matter how many boxes of any denominations you get. They pay a set amount each month. I am sure the smaller banks are set up different though, although I don't know because I deal with the big banks.

Change might be good.....you never know. I hope it works out for you because you work hard at it I know.

I am waiting for the day when my system gets turned upside down by a bank change....either from the buying or dumping end. I have been thinking about this for some time and have a plan B if it does happen which I hope it doesn't obviously.

Keep us posted...and good luck to you.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thanks LJ, keep fingers crossed for ME K. Definately need to make some changes, the last 5 boxes have produced 2 40%ers total. Maybe it is just slump time or Loomis really is rerolling the dumps they're getting back. I went back to the other bank where I got the old colored boxes and asked about setting up a weekly pickup of $1000. She said no problem and BTW the $2000 you ordered should be in Monday. I think that lil armoured service has a lil stockpile of FED boxes so I won't know if the new FED boxes are different color till I run them out and they have to order more. I got 4 loomis delivered boxes today, one has a '68 showing so hope floats for that one and maybe the other 3 will surprise ME. I'm not gonna chop down the Loomis bridge till I get some more branched going at the other place. I can't believe Loomis can keep up with ME dumping $2000 a day into Brinks unless they're kissing cousins. Hopefully Loomis will have to order some from the FED to keep up with ME- I know one guy is dumping a box a day into Loomis, who else is compounding to the problem is anyones guess. Wish I could get ahold of that other Armoured service and find out a few things. HH all, Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
4 Loomis boxes gave up 2 silvers tonight- 1) 40% JFK and 1) 90% JFK and they were both in the same roll. HH Mark

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mark, I know there is another CRH up here that has been causing problems, I know he hits Greeley in two banks at least twice a week dumping by the 5 gallon bucket full.
This guy has caused several banks to change there policies on coin. He has also been ordering brinks because I found out one of his source banks. He dumps to fed.
The moron also didn't happen to ask that one of his dump banks had $600 in hand rolled that gave up a lot of silver the other day! LOL
I have not bothered much with fed boxes of late as they have been so bad. It may be a while before some silver laden bags get re rolled with this last batch of dumps.
It seems this guy is moving though about 10k in halves a week. I move though about 4k at the moment just because its been so bad.
I can only hope this guy gets discouraged and gives up as most of the silver is gone at the moment
Either he will give up...or become desperate and up the volume. I am going to set up more little baits and traps for him to find, more of my little notes in old rolls, I love the one I marked "grand pops barbers" and filled with all new 1999's the roll was a roll I found with nothing newer than 74 and looked it. I put a note in there too that says "too bad ya missed em huh loser?"
I hope some new stuff gets re rolled soon. But I doubt it.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Yea might be time to buy some PMs and take a break. I'll see how the next few weeks plays out. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread