Just back from an incredible lunch break!

seadog92

Tenderfoot
Aug 12, 2005
Tacoma, WA
This may be old hat to some of you, but today at lunch time, I left work to hit a few banks that are close by. The first one I stopped at, I asked the teller if she had any 50 cent coins that I could buy. She said she had $4.50 and I told her that I'd buy them all. Then I asked the teller next to her, and she said "I've got $7.50, but they're old ones." I held my breath and asked if she'd sell them to me. She said sure, so I handed over the money. The old ones turned out to be 2 clad, 2-64's, and 11-40% coins. I hadn't gotten much luck before in asking for coins other than ordering boxes, but this showed me that you've got a chance to find them if you look under every rock.

Upvote 0

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Great score!

I think I'd be eating lunch at that bank everyday! ;D

Lonnie

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job SD. I agree....don't leave any rocks unturned. Even if it turns out to be nothing....what have you lost...maybe a little time.......you can't lose in this hobby.

Keep plugging and good luck........

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I get a lot of tellers telling me the "but they are old" line.
I can see why, so many banks I go into there are people always asking about the "new" quarters and the "new" dollars.
As per my profession I can say that people love "Shinny"

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Yep I like shinny..... drives me crazy to get the filfthy silver. I want to clean em all. Have to tie my hands so I don't. Or keep them busy opening boxes.

HH
Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread