A field of wheats!

sir

May 29, 2007
yesterday i went to chase bank to go get a box of pennys since the bank i usally go to didnt have any. so i opened the box today and immediatly i saw about 10 rolls with weats at the ends. when i opened the first roll there was about 6 wheats in it. then the next roll had 7 and the next had 10 and then several more rolls with like12 or14 wheats in it. every roll had at least one wheat with the most being 17 . by the time i had finished i had amased a total of 354 wheats. this is by far my best box ever beating my previous record of 73. never have i thought i would ever find this many in just one box! oldest wheat was 1910.

also i found a 1950-p wheat that looks like its a proof since it has a mirrorlike finish. can there be such thing

heres the field of wheats

Attachments

• field of wheats.jpg
    field of wheats.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 391
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice, once i found a box with 11 solid rolls of wheats..couple steels mixed in too :)

Can't beat that feeling 8)

HH
-GC

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool! I'm just getting into searching pennies and would love to get a box like that! Congrats.

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
i was looking around to see if the philadelfia mint made proof pennys in 1950 because i wasen't sure they did and apperently they did which means i found a 1950 proof penny, the first proof i ever found. i would like to know if anyone else here has found a proof wheat.

Coinkid

Jul 11, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Unfortunately, the 1950 cent is most likely simply polished or cleaned...There weren't all that many proof sets made in 1950....

-Paul

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Sir. Congrats on that haul. That is alot of Wheat's in one pickup.

My husband searches pennies and it takes him a BUNCH of boxes to accumulate that many. I'll tell him about your box though.....you don't see those every day.

Again, Kudos!!

K

KirkTN

You've got me thinkin' bout hittin up the local banks for rolls of pennies

K

KirkTN

when you say pick up a box of pennies, how many $ worth are we talkin' about.

OP
OP
sir

sir

May 29, 2007
KirkTN said:
when you say pick up a box of pennies, how many $ worth are we talkin' about.

a box of pennies is $25

n_sandler4 said:
Unfortunately, the 1950 cent is most likely simply polished or cleaned...There weren't all that many proof sets made in 1950....

to me it seems alot like a proof though
heres a picture of it

Attachments

• aaaa.jpg
    aaaa.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 182

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread