newbies first week searching for halves

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
newbie's first week searching for halves

Hi all,

I just started hunting halves last week after reading a link from another forum to here. Hit all my local banks within walking distance, then started dropping onto any I passed in my daily travels. Several places thanked me profusely for taking them!
Three banks today told me they didn't exchance currency for non-account holders.
I've gone through $917.50 and found 5 40%. Oddly enough, they were all in loose change from tellers, none from a roll. .
I also bought 2 40% at an antique store for $1.10/each.
I'm waiting for my first $500 box to come in. I ordered it last week so I'm thinking tomorrow it will show. The bank lady had never ordered any boxes before and said she had to find out how and would call me as soon as it comes in.

I also got 35 Ikes here and there. One teller was saving them for a customer that had apparently closed his account. She gave me 19 and was happy to be rid of them. No keepers among them, so last Friday night I used them as tips at a local downtown evening event.

Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: newbie's first week searching for halves

you should have sold the Ike's, coind dealers here give me $1.10 a pc for them

OP
OP
markmopar

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: newbie's first week searching for halves

I asked my local(and only) coins shop about that and they don't want any Ike's. Care to hook me up with your place?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread