Why Does Banks sometimes short on Halfs Or is Loomis, Brinks short On Halfs.

chevrolet454ss

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
Are feds or Loomis or Brinks short on Half dollars these days ?

I asked for two boxs of half dollars from my bank. They onley sent 1 box and said come back next friday on secord box. They said Loomis sent one box and not two boxs I asked for. I dont know what happened but bank teller could not get it why they were short. She told me Loomis had to give another box to another bank was reason. This Happened in Houston texas

Box they sent was dated Feb 12 2008 and all other boxs had no dates. Did I run Loomis dry on Halfs after buying 13 boxs from them In Jan of 2008. I always Thought fed banks had pallets of Half dollars in the coin depot or Fed banks.

Is Loomis or feds short On halfs????? Where did they all go ???? The Us mint made over an billion of them.

Strange find In box . I think I got my old coins back from jan 2008 . Reason I tossed serval burned 1976 coins in there last monlth into bank machice that sells bags to feds. I may have got them back in that fed box. I did find silver coins in there with my old burned coins.

My ordor from an Brinks bank came ok on 4 boxes I ordored but Loomis shorted me big time. It got me .

Chevrolet454ss

Upvote 0

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
It happens. For whatever reason. If they miss a week, don't sweat it. There are plenty more where they came from. Just wait for next week. That is what I do when my bank forgets to order, though a couple of weeks ago the Brinks truck simply did not show up. So I ordered 2 boxes for the following week.

OP
OP
C

chevrolet454ss

Greenie
Jan 4, 2008
Oh well,

Its looks I will ask for double the amount to make up lost time since I need more boxs.

Chevrolet454ss

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread