Does Your Dump Bank Require Deposit Before Giving Cash?

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
My dump bank just implemented a policy that anything over more than $100 amount in coin needs to be first deposited and then you get the cash back. Does your dump bank do this? I used to just give them a few boxes with coins in their rolls and get 1K in cash since they have no coin counter. Large cash deposits are often flagged aren't they? Should I be worried?

Upvote 0

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry. My bank does this to me all the time. They're just trying to keep track of the cash and where it goes, not who brings it in.

TT

Jan 15, 2008
Milky Way
Have to be careful on what ttype of account you have. A savings account will put you into the fee land if you do it often enough. Some banks have only four withdrawals a month or less. Watch out if you are in this situation.

OP
OP
C

cocrh

Apr 9, 2007
It's my main bank and no fee checking account.

TonyT said:
Have to be careful on what ttype of account you have. A savings account will put you into the fee land if you do it often enough. Some banks have only four withdrawals a month or less. Watch out if you are in this situation.

AFModell

Feb 27, 2006
DE
Bank of America is going away from having coin counters in their individual branches. Instead, they give you a heavy duty plastic bag and you fill it. They give you the top of the bag with the number on it and they send the bag into whoever their carrier/coin counter company is and they do the counting. Takes about a week and then its deposited into you r account. So BoA forces you into it. A few large BoAs still have counters on site.

waseeker

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2006
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For my bank it is just an accounting process so that the teller has a record of every transaction that goes through their drawer. Once when I asked for change for a 20.00 bill she deposited the money and gave me the change. The receipt actually showed 1 20.00 deposited and a 10 and 10 ones returned.

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
Sounds like more work for them but I don't see were it will affect you with a no fees checking account. A little hassle maybe.

Good Hunting!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread