OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
anything would be helpful

i did get three 2004 halves out of the whole bunch but thats alot of work for 3 keepers

im just gonna write "1964 silver" on the sides of the rest of these rolls and ruin someones day like mine lol

photogame

Dec 1, 2007
northeast coast, usa
yes, i think it is a great idea. ok, for all you that are in my area please mark each roll with a single 1964 kennedy face down if this is your regular dump bank, so i will know not to come to often and check. if it is only your occasional dump bank please mark each roll with a benny, different years please, one on each end of each roll, this way i will know you were here. and none of the funny magic marker thinks unless benny needs a mustache. ok, bye for know, hope you enjoy my system, i know i will........ :o

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
fatsmahoney said:
got $500 today all hand rolled skunk think it was someones dump

just a note of courtesy please mark your rolls crh or some kind of code

lets take a vote for a paper roll code for ones that have already been searched any suggestions
Thats just part of the game fats. Don't get too worked up over it. 99% of what you find is going to be someone else's dumps.. Gpurs

OP
OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
ohh im not to mad just kidding mostly but it would be a good idea

im still gonna write "1964-1969 silver" on my rolls just to see if anyone else gets them so keep me posted im taking a large dump tomorrow at a random bank i bet those tellers get real excited then if they ask ill just say oh they were my dads i dont want them he was always mean to me

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
fatsmahoney said:
ohh im not to mad just kidding mostly but it would be a good idea

im still gonna write "1964-1969 silver" on my rolls just to see if anyone else gets them so keep me posted im taking a large dump tomorrow at a random bank i bet those tellers get real excited then if they ask ill just say oh they were my dads i dont want them he was always mean to me
That's how you mark them...........LOL

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Oh come now am I really that notorious? I just like to demoralize my local competition.
Nothing beats taking away someones hopes and dreams and that sinking feeling they get in there heart when they realize they have been had.
I rarely even get out of my area...but I wish I could be a ghost...every where always, taking your silver and leaving you clad in its place, Muhahahhaha!

LOL

OP
OP
fatsmahoney

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
ive got 530 dollars marked with various years ranging from 1963-1969 oh and one roll that says franklins on it ready to be dumped tomorrow happy hunting all

Patrick Earl Houston

Feb 21, 2007
Cypress Garden Projects, North Memphis
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
See how Pat like to do it:

a 118.jpg
a 119.jpg

Them's not silver. PEACE!!!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my bank won't accept rolls, only loose, so no way I am marking every coin

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
How about a big green slash ::) or a black slash ::) or a big "24" ::) or the date ::) or a black dot ::) or red nail polish slash ::) or a red neck ::) or a purple "trip" ::) or drill a hole in it >:( ??? >:(.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The whole principal is to let other hunters know you looked at the rolls.
Not to do aomething illegal, and yes it is illeagl to deface currency.

Please don't get into a bad habit that could cause you a bunch of problems down the road.

There was a news story when I was a kid about a guy who owned a butcher shop.
When the mint stopped making the Dollar coin he started glueing two halves together with epoxy.
These caught on and became the Montana dollar. These things were popular ... the guy was a local hero.

Some of the banks across the State complained to the feds because these things really caused problems with a coin counter. o shorten the story this guy had to deal with charges of defacing currency, and counterfeiting etc...

just something to keep in mind when trying to avoid that skunk. It may just be something we all have to deal with.

Thom :'(

Attachments

• Skunk File 002.jpg
    Skunk File 002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 194

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions