Tellers attitudes

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I have read alot about poor attitudes of bank tellers, but I have to say that in my area I have experienced quite the opposite!
Tellers with smiles telling me to check back often and persons working as substitutes at other banks holding caches at thier banks for me till the next day, and tellers at banks where I dont even have accounts giving me cotton coin bags!
I opened a new account Wednesday with the purpose of it being a dump bank and used the info from here to be specific on what my intentions are and all but got the girls home phone number(lol)..."no problem, no worries, no charges...how many should I order for you"...I like this hobby!

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't experienced a bunch of poor attitude tellers either. I suppose there are some out there just like folks were encounter everyday in the business/social world we live in.

Some could be a little sour I guess due to a variety of reasons such problems at home, unsatisfying job/low pay, marital issues,.....the list could go on & on.....who knows. Or that could be just be their MO.

All you can do is go in with a cheerful attitude....be polite....courteous and respectful. That goes a long way in my opinion.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
All the tellers I deal with are real nice. At one of my dump banks, the lady rolls out the cart with the empty bags for the coin machine as soon as I walk in. She always chats with me as I spin up the machine. Only one bank has a customer service rep that gives me a dirty look. She's the one that tried to change the rules and wanted to charge me $5 per $500 dumped. They now get $2000 a month. At no fee's. The rest of the tellers there are nice to me. She doesn't like me because she lost the war. I just smile and wink at her WHEN she does make a mistake and make eye contact with me.......LOL

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
I agree just about every teller is really cool about giving me halves , I live in a small area so I deal with the same ones all the time and they seem to get a kick out of giving me rolls of them .... I find a couple of dump banks that were great , no account there or anything ... the only problem is those 2 banks are way to far to travel on a regular basis ...

I will have to see how my local banks are going to be when I start dumping this week , shouldnt be a problem dumping 1 box per bank...

Great topic btw nice to hear some pleasant posts about folks , HH

50centman

Feb 25, 2008
It's amazing what a smile will do for someones day. Found hundreds of Eisenhowers last year at a small town bank. An older lady who was hoarding them turned in 1300 of them.I have tellers who want them because people ask if they have any and give on special occasions. Tellers really appreciate it. Remember, tellers have to deal with a lot of rude people. Best to cut them a little slack when the're grumpy. They are the gateway to some great coins and most of the ones I have met are happy to help when they see how much I like what I am doing. Enthusiasm is contagious.

CladMaster

Dec 25, 2007
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Explorer SE
I have found that most (about 90%) of tellers are real cool about giving up the coin. Remember, they are in the customer service business. If they want to spout off at the mouth just remind them of that.
I'll give you an example. I told my dad I was CRHing and he said the next time he went to the bank ( he banks in a town with only two private branches) he's ask for some halves. He went and had a bad experience with a teller.
Here is some background info. He retired a few years ago and got bored so he decided to get a part time gig as a custodian at the local elem. school. Needless to say he dresses very blue collar for his job, which is fine. Who cares right? Well he asks the teller for some halves and she looks down her nose at him, acting real assy. He just left and mentioned it to my mother and she got pissed. She went that bank and straightened them out. She pulled 250k plus in cds money market etc and shipped it to another bank.
I thought that was simply golden. So to hell with a teller who acts like a jackass. :)

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Priceless! Great story CladMaster. Did he go as far as telling mgmt. what/who caused him to pull all his $$$ out?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Immy said:
Priceless! Great story CladMaster. Did he go as far as telling mgmt. what/who caused him to pull all his $$$ out?

Ditto Immy's comments......well did he? Curiousity has got me on this one.....lol.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
CladMaster said:
I have found that most (about 90%) of tellers are real cool about giving up the coin. Remember, they are in the customer service business. If they want to spout off at the mouth just remind them of that.
I'll give you an example. I told my dad I was CRHing and he said the next time he went to the bank ( he banks in a town with only two private branches) he's ask for some halves. He went and had a bad experience with a teller.
Here is some background info. He retired a few years ago and got bored so he decided to get a part time gig as a custodian at the local elem. school. Needless to say he dresses very blue collar for his job, which is fine. Who cares right? Well he asks the teller for some halves and she looks down her nose at him, acting real assy. He just left and mentioned it to my mother and she got pissed. She went that bank and straightened them out. She pulled 250k plus in cds money market etc and shipped it to another bank.
I thought that was simply golden. So to hell with a teller who acts like a jackass. :)
Reminds ME of a story I heard about a guy who went to his bank to cash a check and they wouldn't validate his parking stub- even called the manager over and their "policy" was to only validate when a deposit was made. He went back the next day and pulled all his accts. totalling a million bucks. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions