LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No.....not a Barber....darn! It was a British Penny found in one of my boxes today. I get so excited when I see any coin with a date of 18?? something....lol.

I did pluck some silver today also so it was a good day.

5-64's
5-65's
13-66's
33-67's
27-68's
7-69's
5-Franklin's - 1-54, 3-54-D, 1-57-D

95 Silver Halves

4-NIFC's 3x02-P, 1-06-P
1-73-S proof
1-Magician Coin
1-British Penny 1899

7 Other Keepers

Attachments

• P3120019.jpg
    P3120019.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 743
  • P3120018.jpg
    P3120018.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 735
Upvote 0

TT

Jan 15, 2008
Milky Way
Congrats LJ...The British Penny is such a let down for me...but the vane you have been mining has been impressive. I don't even sniff that much silver in a month.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
alright honestly i dont understand how every box of yours is sa amazing. Did you sell your soul to the silver gods or something. LOL

Tim (PA)

Oct 26, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
XLT
LJ,

Wow!! More inspiration to get to the bank and buy some halves! First, a couple questions..

How many halves did you search to reach those totals?

What is a magician's coin? Thanks...

Tim

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
Seriously LJ, what is going on? Your takes are incredible! I am not interested in where your halves come from or where you search, or any other details that would give up what you have going on, but would you be willing to tell us or me if I pm'ed you, why you find so many keepers? Is it your location is there some kind of Colony of old ignorant silver coin stashers that are flocking to dump all there silver in your boxes and bags? If you dont want to say I can understand and will respect that completely.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
So, you got yourself a "Vicky" (Queen Victoria) ! Outstanding, as well as the "usual" silver haul. Nicely done there LJ !

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.

ugotit22 said:
alright honestly i dont understand how every box of yours is sa amazing. Did you sell your soul to the silver gods or something. LOL

I want to reiterate, not every box I open is loaded with silver. I get my share of skunks or boxes with two's and few's just like we all do.

Also, I don't sell my soul to anyone......ha!

Tim (PA) said:
LJ,

Wow!! More inspiration to get to the bank and buy some halves! First, a couple questions..

How many halves did you search to reach those totals?

What is a magician's coin? Thanks...

Tim

Tim - Mojo attached a good post showing the Magician Coin......they are kinda fun....just a novelty to me. If you want one let me know.

Jsayre1234 said:
Seriously LJ, what is going on? Your takes are incredible! I am not interested in where your halves come from or where you search, or any other details that would give up what you have going on, but would you be willing to tell us or me if I pm'ed you, why you find so many keepers? Is it your location is there some kind of Colony of old ignorant silver coin stashers that are flocking to dump all there silver in your boxes and bags? If you dont want to say I can understand and will respect that completely.

'Seriously' - I like that word, but hardly ever use it....never serious here.....lol. I don't take this hobby serious. If I never found another silver coin in a box I would be content as can be. It's been fun.

My next adventure might be aluminum cans.....ha! There seems to be no shortage of those. I'm already thinking of a system...... :wink:. Our garage would look like Sanford and Son...... ;D.

'Seriously'.....I put alot of time/effort into a system. I also experiment....some things work....some don't.

Scalper said:
Congrats LJ, 95 keepers is a awesome haul ... the LJ Silver Foundation keeps stockpiling 8)

Yes, the LJ Silver Fund Foundation......remember, 5% of your take goes into this fund. Send em to me....ha!

thurmownator said:
So, you got yourself a "Vicky" (Queen Victoria) ! Outstanding, as well as the "usual" silver haul. Nicely done there LJ !

Thanks Thurm...Like I mentioned, any coin found with an 1800's date is special to me.

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
Interesting! Well I wish you the most of luck, and keep posting those great finds. They are real inspirational and neat to see.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Nice find LJ- I've gotten several of those over the last year or so, but never an 1800's one. WTG! :wink:

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
Come on LJ, tell them how many boxes you search per month! I won't say but stun them all and tell them how many boxes per month. ;D

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks.

bill dilly said:
Come on LJ, tell them how many boxes you search per month! I won't say but stun them all and tell them how many boxes per month. ;D

In a month's time?.....hmmmmm........more than all your fingers and toes BD.....ha!

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
As I said, I know how many boxes you search per month and I'm glad that I don't have that many fingers and toes. Guys and Gals, not many of us have the time to look at as many halves as LJ does in a month. She is bound to find more than the casual CRH due to the huge amount searched.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread