Tips for finding banks out of town

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Many of you may already know this, but a good and time-saving way to find out of town banks is to simply search google as follows in this example: Omaha Nebraska banks, then hit enter. You should get a Google map that lists the banks, addresses, and phone numbers. If you go to the map and find the print icon and hit it, you will be able to print the map with the list of banks at the top. Then you can go down the list calling them as you wish, and you can see their locations on the map.

I found this to be a helpful tool in CRHing out of town banks.

Jim

Upvote 0

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I use google earth...it shows them on the route I plan to take....or should I say shows the route I should plan on taking!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I have used this method on Mapquest Successfully. They also give phone numbers. I have planned routs and called ahead. Printed out the pages, they list 10 banks on ea. page. Mapquest recently changed their page so it's not as user friendly as it used to be.

Sometimes calling works very well. If they have coins your looking for they will collect from all the tellers and save them for you before you walk in to get them. Saves a lot of time.

Mojo

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim. I have been using it for quite some time now. It is a great tool. Actually, there many pretty good tools out there at out fingertips.

Here is another to give you an idea of banks in certain towns all across the country. I use it as a quick reference. Like I said there are many available out there. Good luck.

http://www.usabancshares.com/

bill dilly

Feb 7, 2006
here is the easiest way that I know of for finding out of town banks. my car has voice activated gps map with icons. I simply say the word "banks" and bank icons show up all along the route. it works great because when I'm traveling in rural areas the banks in little towns just pop up on the screen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions