this has to be a box record

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
Picked up a box yesterday from bank that was different from my normal boxes.It had 500 in halves packed in a quarter box,4 rows of 8 across bottom and the rest laying down on second layer.I asked head teller if they orderede from different place as the box was different and he said nope all there coin comes from detroit.Well i got home popped it open and what a shock.....I had to pull out all the rolls and count the black dots showing......32 rolls had a black dot on at least one end.lol ya know its not gonna be a good box with that many marks.I seperated the marked coins from the unmarked just out of curiosity 624 marked coins out of a 1000...unbelievable....whoever the black dot guy is in detroit be a little original or something man...same dot gets boring lmao.I'm glad i dont get those boxes all the time,good like to the rest of you mich guys...pick up 6 boxes today from different bank..if boxes look like that i might run out of banl screaming...hh jon

Upvote 0

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of Black Dot's coins (I Think we should call him that - Black Dot) do make into some boxes I search, But I do not hardly ever get more then ten coins with any kind of mark in the boxes I have searched.

Samuelben

Dec 28, 2007
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter lonestar/junior
know do you mark the coin rolls or the coins themselves i tihkn you would mark the rolls.

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
I actually enjoy the titty pink painted ones that i always find it looks like a hippie or something was practicing on the coins

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My question is, were they hand or machine rolled?

Happy Hunting!

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
"Welcome to my Nightmare"

That is a song by a Detroiter named Alice Coooper.

How very appropriate. Beccause the black dot guy has been a pin in my but here in the Detroit area, since I started CRH'g 3 years ago. I'm always finding the black dot's and It has actually picked up in the last couple of weeks. ( freshly painted ) Litrally the entire box is filled with black dotted coins and sometimes 2 black dot's on a coin.

What a waste of time.

Mojo... "Welcome to my Nightmare" .... oh ooh oh oh...... I think I'm gonna hate it........

XX

Jan 11, 2008
In my area, it's the Green/Red/Blue/etc.... slasher. I'm pretty sure it's the same person but I've seen thousands of coins in one batch where almost every bicentennial had a marker slash on the back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions