reject bins

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Mine will not give them to you. They don't know what to do with them because they do not belong to them.

Cat

OP
OP
R

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
CatJ.. interesting.. i wonder what they do with them?

i saw a poster below who got the reject bin.. but i think it was from a coinstar and not a bank

when i asked one bank yesterday for large dollar coins she searched through a large.. full sounding canvas bag which i'm 99.9% sure was all the rejects.. it looked heavy.. she could barely move it around

would be fun to get all them.. even if not profitable just to see a bunch of foreign coins

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I think the key is building relationships. Start by asking small favors and returning them in kind, pleasantries, cookies, small gift cards, etc. Then work your way up to whatever, ordering large number of boxes, asking them to look out for certain coins, etc. A teller is a lot more likely to help you if they view you as a nice customer, rather than some stranger who came in one day and asked for something.

Brian

OP
OP
R

rdb7

Apr 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace250 w/ eXcelerator 10x14 DD coil
good advice Brian..

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
My bank said they can not sell them because they do not belong to them and they are not sure what to do with them as so many people have asked. They use to just give it to the security gaurds to dispose of... right you know what happened then don't you.

Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread