offered 1.25 per 40% half

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
I would wait till you have lots of them in order to give you a bit more leverage. 1.25 is pretty low.

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
Rolls of 40% are going for better than $40 + shipping. That's at least $2 each. I'm not exactly sure about silver prices but I think the silver value alone is around $3 each. Other's here will know better than I

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right now silver is at $17.50. That means each 40%er contains $2.59 worth of silver. $1.25 is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY too low. Two bucks minimum I say!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I agree. That is way low. I think you can find numerous places to pay you about $2 for them. And that link in this thread said they were paying $4.29 for $1 total, which is well over $2 each. So don't do it at $1.25. Shoot, I'D pay you $1.25 for them, if you really needed to sell them and were willing to take that amount. Seriously! :-) And I'd still advise you to not take that low of a price.

Ifyndit

Dec 15, 2007
The Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Corte's, Golden Sabre II, Minelab X-Terra50
I just sold some 40%er's when silver was $16.74/oz and was paid 4.5 time face ($2.25 each). Shop around you'll find a better price!

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scalper said:
When in doubt check Ebay .. that will give u are good idea of what things are worth, Ed
I have noticed that people way overbid on silver on ebay. It is hard to find a bargain there.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
cyberdan said:
Scalper said:
When in doubt check Ebay .. that will give u are good idea of what things are worth, Ed
I have noticed that people way overbid on silver on ebay. It is hard to find a bargain there.

Yeah but if you are the seller you can expect the final bid to be around melt value, sometimes more.

I recently bought a junk silver quarter roll and I think total bid plus shipping was like $127. I was expecting just stuff from the 60s mainly, you know, very common dates. Ended up this roll had a bunch of early S mint coins, including a 37S in about F15, and about 7 other S mints. Also the roll had a 1963 proof in it. I think I did pretty well. But as for selling, you can expect the coins will sell at melt or very close to it, if not over.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
cyberdan said:
Scalper said:

I have never bought or sold on ebay, but I have heard that you can get better bargains when buying if you bid on gold as opposed to silver. If you are selling silver, you can do well on ebay if you don't mind the associated hassles that go along with that.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread