slim pickens

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
I picked up a box today at a local bank while searching for hand rolls and found a bicentenial proof, a 1981 proof and 2 40%. Kind of slim but better than none. I've noticed that there aren't a lot of posts lately. Does that mean that the silver is drying up all over or maybe that there's some really good finds that people don't want to brag about for fear of claim jumpers?

Upvote 0

RED THUNDER

Dec 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Wish that was my case. :'( Seems to have dried up for the most part.

Red

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
jl2695 said:
I picked up a box today at a local bank while searching for hand rolls and found a bicentenial proof, a 1981 proof and 2 40%. Kind of slim but better than none. I've noticed that there aren't a lot of posts lately. Does that mean that the silver is drying up all over or maybe that there's some really good finds that people don't want to brag about for fear of claim jumpers?

For me it has been "slim pickens". Out of the last 7 or so boxes I have bought, I have picked up about
12-40%s and 2-90%s. I wish I had finds to brag about.

If I calculate my time and effort vs. my silver finds, it is very depressing. I have cut back on buying boxes lately like I used to, but have still had the need to pick one or two here and there since I am still a CRHing addict.

The steep decline in finds from the 3 or so months ago I started doing this and now is beyond amazing. The surge in CRHers in my area has skyrocketed. It may only be one person besides me doing it, but if that is true he or she is going to all the banks I have contacted lately and buying halves and/or dumping reject rolls. I imagine it is probably more than one person but I don't know for sure.

I am hoping for a nice dip in silver prices this summer so I can go to a coin store and buy a bunch of silver bullion.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread