Good find...

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Been lurking on this board for a while. I started coin roll hunting a few months ago...I thought I had stumbled onto the best idea in the world, and then I found this discussion forum...

Anyway, I went to the bank to get some cash for the baseball game, and it turned out that they had $850 worth of hand rolled halfs. I figure what the heck, every now and then, this bank's hand rolls results in a silver half or two.

Well, this batch provided my best yield ever - just over 1% silver! I got 2 90%, 17 40%, 1 1987S Proof, one Sac Dollar, and one 1979 SBA Dollar! The best part was when my son opened a roll and came to show me the silver half he found - he calls those "lucky rolls".

A nice evening indeed!

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard....glad you decided to join in STD.

That was a very productive stop......congrats. Good to see your son getting involved also.....I like that.

Don't be a stranger and good luck on the next hunt.

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Congrats ST ... those are some nice totals ... I bet the look on your son's face was priceless holding up that silver he found in those lucky rolls ... those are memories that last a lifetime , Ed

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Yea STD

Good Haul.

My kids help me with my CRH'g My 5 year old Knows what to look for. Sometimes I'll open hand rolls while driving and if I find any dream rolls I Reassemble them and Get my kids to open them Gets them all excited. Just like it did me the first time.

I don't get much help when I'm getting skunked. :( But when I pick up my boxes at the bank I always crack them open to verify the count and if I see Silver on the ends. I know there might be more in that box. We call that "SMOKE" at our hose. Because where there is smoke there's fire.

So when I get home all I have to say is "I SEE SMOKE" all the kids come running to help me search. They love to find the silver just as much as I do. I give em High Fives everytime they find silver LOL.

Oh what family fun we got.

Th RNCRH. Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions