For the people who hate coin markers......

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
You are going to love this. Over the last few weeks I have found hundreds of 2007 P and D with holes drilled in Kennedys head. one of them had a stamp mark that says "ana milw. 2007" Its one thing to mark the coins with a marker but to destroy a ton of nice looking 2007s is just wrong... it kinda pisses me off. not to mention the effort that went into drilling all of them..... I mean... why bother!? whats the point????? Anyone know where these are coming from so I can go flatten their tires? ;D

Attachments

• DSC07621.JPG
    DSC07621.JPG
    125.3 KB · Views: 521
Upvote 1

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Whoa!
That is crazy!!!
Beyond words.
We have to look into this mystery.... >:(

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Keep the ANA one it is a counterstamped coin that is a souvenir of the 2007 ANA convention in Milwaukee. the others may be for the same event and not used. Determine this by comparing the holes on both types. siegfried schlagrule

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It may be that someone was trying to make and sell a bunch of necklaces.

I often come across holed coins while md-ing and I have read in the olden days (1800's) some people used to drill their coins so they could put them on a string and then have a better chance of not losing them. The Chinese did it quite a bit - that is one of the reasons many Chinese coins have a center hole. But as for these NIFC's being that way, that is plain silly to hole them.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

OP
OP
bigtime400

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
I thought the ANA in Milwaukee too at first but then again I didn't think they would do something like that. And the stamp is very sloppy.... I have seen better ones on pennies and such. I have never come across any halves 2002 up with holes except for these. Funny that Im finding alot of them dont you think?

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
American Numismatic Association. It's one of the biggest coin collector organizations. They have a big convention every year in a different city. I joined this year and get their monthly magazine, The Numismatist.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Fropa. I can't imagine a serious member of that organization punching holes in coins or stamping them for that matter.

JR_Jewelry691

Nov 21, 2023
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was at the event and yes their 100% Ana stamped coins...they shouldn't have a hole in them though so that's new and I never seen that but if it just has the stamp your good to go...not saying it's worth anything but if it's stamped and not holed as well those I know are legit...I still have mine from the event. And it doesn't matter who does the stamp lmfao...a stamp is a stamp, it wouldn't look any better no matter who did it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread