Lucky Strike

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
The box I ordered didn't come in today so I was jonesing pretty bad. On the way home from work I decided to stop off at a couple of banks and check for hand rolls. At the first one the teller says "yes I've got 3-$20 rolls and a partial roll with $9.50" So of course I say I'll take them. She pulls them out and starts to opens the partial roll to verify the count and silver spills all over the counter. Quickly I look at her expression and fortunately there's no change. She doesn't realize what's in front of her. As she starts counting I wipe the drool off the counter and wip out a $100 bill and start waving it in front of her hoping to distract her. It works, she goes for the bill and I sweep the coins into my hand and grab for the other three rolls. Outside I quickly count the loose coins. 12-40% in that partial roll. I can't wait to get to my car to rip open the other 3 rolls. Once in the safety of my car I open the remaining rolls but disappointment was waiting for me. Nothing more in the 3 $20 rolls, not one silver. Never the less I'm still stoked. Monday I went through 4 boxes and only got half this much. You just never know when someone is going to deposit a big chunk of silver.

Upvote 0

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I always get a thrill when loose silver comes across the counter. I had a teller scrounge up $17 in loose one day. All but 3 were 40%. As he was counting them, he dropped some on the counter and commented how "funny" they sounded. A guy about 70 next to me looked at me, then at the coins then back at me. I thought "please hurry before the old guy says something". I grabbed them and ran.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Now THAT'S a good use of a C-note, Jack!

LoL People are so easily distracted...

As SF said, they notice there is a difference, but otherwise are without a clue!

How can anyone not be suspicious that a dull thunk is different than a nice, bright ring?

HH
rmptr

OP
OP
L

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
At the beginning of our conversation this teller asked if I had an account and of couse I lied and said "Yes I do". After the transaction was complete she said "I really don't care if you have an account or not, I'm just happy to get rid of these things". Do you think she could tell I was lying?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread