Appeal to Michigan CRHs. "UCRHA"

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Appeal to Michigan CRH's. "UCRHA"

United Coin Roll Hunters Association.

New Rule. (LIKE A MAN RULE in the beer commercial)

Please if you buy Brinks boxes. please do not return them in the Brinks wrappers.

It seems the last couple of weeks Me and another hunter in my area (DETRIOT BRANCH) are getting re wrapped Brinks rolls in a new box.

Sounds strange and I'm not sure Brinks would ship them back out like this but we have been getting boxes with one end real loose, like someone opened one end, searched, put them back and curled them over buy hand....... Or their machine is getting sloppy on one side.

In the past I have gotten them from brinks where the other end was folded over. Clearly repackaged. And a couple of weeks ago brinks brought other banks bagged coins to my branch to fill my order. I refused to take them and haven't got any like that since.

I have also stopped at banks that are not my normal pickups and they said they had a box, and they bring them out & the box is open. She shows them to me and they look like they are fresh. But I pull a roll out and turn it over and it's folded over. She said a customer brought them in. I advised her to ship them back out. Now this guy pulled a fast one on the bank but not me.

So I ask myself. Would Brinks just put them in a new box and ship them out?
Because most of the banks have to break them open and bag them before they ship them out.

In any case Here is my appeal.

PLEASE IF YOU MUST RETURN YOUR BOX THIS WAY TAKE A BLACK MARKER OR ANY COLOR YOU LIKE AN STRIKE A LINE ACROOS THE SIDE OF EVERY ROLL FORCING BRINKS TO DO THEIR JOB AND VERIFY THE ACCURACY & REROLL THAT DUMP.

I for one would appreciate it. Doesn't guarantee I'll get better boxes just not a complete skunk.

If your working out of the Detroit branch of Brinks. Please open an account at TCF Bank and dump into the coin counter and save us all some time.

Thanks. Mojo

Self appointed president of the Detroit chapter of the United Coin Roll Hunters Association.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Re: Appeal to Michigan CRH's. "UCRHA"

joad said:
jim4silver said:
What I don't understand is why CRHers who live in an area with lots of banks with free coin counters would ever choose to re roll halves into the brown, generic rolls???

Today for example I picked up some handrolls at a bank. Of course it was a nice round number like $300 worth, which should have tipped me off it was a dump. Anyway, all were dumps without one keeper and many typical marked coins I see in the Brinks boxes.

My area has many banks with free coin counters. Why would a CRHer need to ever turn in hand rolls in such a city? It is clear these coins were not being saved by a real collector. Many of the same ilk I see weekly in the boxes.

Kind of off topic but I don't understand it.

Jim

My guess would be that the banks with free coin counters also have the best boxes. Therefore the hunters don't want to dump into their own boxes.

Here, the banks without the coin counters still send their coins to the same coin couriers when they get a certain amount (usually 1000 face). Brinks is by far the main game in town. A few banks use Garda, but you kind of have to really search to find a bank that gets rolls other than Brinks. The CWI (yellow and white wrapper String and sons rolls) boxes Garda delievers aren't even as good as the Brinks boxes for the most part although I have not gotten any in a while. I have had my best scores in the Brinks boxes back in the day.

The CRHers all seem to cross dump (buy from a bank that uses Brinks and dump at a Garda bank, or vice versa), so the same dumps keep getting bought and sold over and over.

Jim

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan

silvercop said:
hey mojo your old bone was dug up. like to fell out when i saw silverfox in the thread. :tongue3:

Yea what a suprise. I haven't been on much the last couple of weeks and was surprised to see my old post resurface.

Important topic though.....

Mojo

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have got the machine roll halves a few times with the paper peeled back on one end. I feel skunked before I even leave the bank lobby. I check them anyway, I did find a 67 half in one that someone missed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread