few illinois state quarters in illinois.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i saw a magazine article on our state quarter.being too stupid to get some when they were released. i decided i would find some circs.just order a box here and there.ez.after 8 months i only have 6 illinois coins.either people here are patriotic on a state level,or it was the abe lincoln pic on the coin.so some people are paying attention.no silver quarters found but did get 30 something of the bicentennial quarter.go figure.going to michigan sometime next month so well see if they have any there.i guess its hardest to find the state ur in.

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I have seen several out here in CA. Don't collect them so had to spend. :wink:
I do not like modern coinage.

Got a 2008 JFK last month. Went back to the bank.

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about the mintage figures. 2003-2004 was a dry spell in the mintage of state quarters, which by them had far reduced from its 2000 peak. Many states whose coin was issued 2002-2004 had mintages lower than 500 million. There were only approx. 460 million Illinois quarters minted. Compare that with the 720 million Oregon quarters and 1.6 billion Virginia quarters. Scarce enough to be harder to find than their more common kin, but not scarce enough to be numismatically significant.

Check out the state quarter mintages on Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters_designs

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I am putting together a collection of State quarters but the rule is I have to find them metal detecting. The only ones I have left to find are the 2008 ones. Might take a while.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silver_Fox said:
I am putting together a collection of State quarters but the rule is I have to find them metal detecting. The only ones I have left to find are the 2008 ones. Might take a while.

You going for P and D or just one for each state?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions