Interesting finds today........

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Well first let me start about by says my 2 boxes of halves and 1 box of dimes where all SKUNKS.. however the interesting part was from what my tellers had for me. As soon as i walk in a teller i idont normal talk with askes me about the 1964 halves and why her bf told her to keep them. I explain that this is what i go for when i order my boxes and they are worth alittle more. I say that i will buy them from her if she wants, she agrees and i say il give her 1.50 a coin. I know i was alittle low, but i was in a rock and hard place b/c i didnt want to let on they are worth alittle more of fear they will start to pick through the halves i get. she is happy, im happy all is well.
All is well, i then talk to my normal teller and she says she has 20.00 loose and one roll, however the roll looks nothing like a fed roll, but rather a gov. roll. the only weird things is they are 2006p which according to the red book are NIFC. So how do i have a gov. roll of coins that arent suppose to be out. Anyways just wanted to see if they are worth anything, and if anyone wants to buy them.
TOtals from loose:
Teller sold me 6- 1964's for 10.00
other loose was
4-40%ers
1-1964
Thanks for lookin
Keith

Attachments

• DSC01876.JPG
    DSC01876.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC01877.JPG
    DSC01877.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
1.50 a coin is WELL below spot for a 90% coin, but I certainly don't hold that against you as I would have done the same exact thing. =)

As far as the 2006p NIFC... I'm not sure how that NIFC business works. My boy Treasure-Slut found over a roll of 2006p AND 2006d from like one box of halves we picked up last week doing our orders. And we have found NIFC is just about every box... with his monster NIFC box bringing in a REDICULOUS amount of them. I don't know HOW those things get into circulation, but there certainly seem to be quite a few out there. Their mintages are a few million a piece... so they aren't RARE... but still... not COMMON... and the NIFC bit is awkward.

~Dave

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
BBcardsRI said:
1.50 a coin is WELL below spot for a 90% coin, but I certainly don't hold that against you as I would have done the same exact thing. =)

As far as the 2006p NIFC... I'm not sure how that NIFC business works. My boy Treasure-Slut found over a roll of 2006p AND 2006d from like one box of halves we picked up last week doing our orders. And we have found NIFC is just about every box... with his monster NIFC box bringing in a REDICULOUS amount of them. I don't know HOW those things get into circulation, but there certainly seem to be quite a few out there. Their mintages are a few million a piece... so they aren't RARE... but still... not COMMON... and the NIFC bit is awkward.

~Dave

yea i felt kinda bad cause i new it was way below spot, but i dont know what else i couls have donne, besides say "Hey there worth 5-6 bucks eachs so if u see more make sure to hold them for me" LOL
Anyways i haev gottin and seen many NIFC before in my boxes, however ive never see or heard about them like this in the Gov. rolls

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
ugotit22 said:
Well first let me start about by says my 2 boxes of halves and 1 box of dimes where all SKUNKS.. however the interesting part was from what my tellers had for me. As soon as i walk in a teller i idont normal talk with askes me about the 1964 halves and why her bf told her to keep them. I explain that this is what i go for when i order my boxes and they are worth alittle more. I say that i will buy them from her if she wants, she agrees and i say il give her 1.50 a coin. I know i was alittle low, but i was in a rock and hard place b/c i didnt want to let on they are worth alittle more of fear they will start to pick through the halves i get. she is happy, im happy all is well.
All is well, i then talk to my normal teller and she says she has 20.00 loose and one roll, however the roll looks nothing like a fed roll, but rather a gov. roll. the only weird things is they are 2006p which according to the red book are NIFC. So how do i have a gov. roll of coins that arent suppose to be out. Anyways just wanted to see if they are worth anything, and if anyone wants to buy them.
TOtals from loose:
Teller sold me 6- 1964's for 10.00
other loose was
4-40%ers
1-1964
Thanks for lookin
Keith

I believe that the NIFC rolls were/are sold by the mint for approx 35 bucks which includes a roll of d and p mint. If you can get an original mint roll like in the photo I would keep it and not open it up. I have been throwing back my NIFCs lately, in that most are not completely BU anymore and I don't care to try and save up a roll's worth. But to get an actual mint roll untouched would be worth saving in my opinion.

Jim

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
I say that i will buy them from her if she wants, she agrees and i say il give her 1.50 a coin.

the only weird things is they are 2006p which according to the red book are NIFC.
Boy is her BF going to have a fit when he finds out. >:( He should have explained to her a little more about 90%ers.

On those 2006 coins see the mints website.
http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...ctId=14356&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10155 someone paid $16.50 + shipping for that roll and then turned it in to the bank. Or it was stolen and spent.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
cyberdan said:
ugotit22 said:
I say that i will buy them from her if she wants, she agrees and i say il give her 1.50 a coin.

the only weird things is they are 2006p which according to the red book are NIFC.
Boy is her BF going to have a fit when he finds out. >:( He should have explained to her a little more about 90%ers.

http://catalog.usmint.gov/webapp/wc...ctId=14356&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=10155 someone paid $16.50 + shipping for that roll and then turned it in to the bank. Or it was stolen and spent.

Cool thanx for the info. Il prob. hold onto this one since it was from the mint itself.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
I forgot to add that i asked my teller when i saw the silver who brought them in and if there was anymore. She says it was a young kid and he also brought in large dollar coins. I almost die thinking if he bought in 7 64's and some 40%ers its very possible he bought it a peace or morgan. She hands me the baggie with the large dollars and its clear there isnt anything nice. Still it gave me a quick rush thinking about it

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Yea man... getting some old silver dollars would have been SWEET!

Its rare enough to find CLAD IKES that a teller has... let alone anything BIG and SILVER. One of my tellers did mention someone trying to cash in a big dollar coin from the 1800's recently... which she thought might have been fake... gotta love tellers!... but she said she bought it for herself anyway. =)

~Dave

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
cyberdan said:
ugotit22 said:

After her boy friend rips her a new a--hole, you might not get a warm welcome the next visit. I'd say your bargin days are over.......sorry just my opinion.....

Mojo

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
coinmojo said:
cyberdan said:
ugotit22 said:

After her boy friend rips her a new a--hole, you might not get a warm welcome the next visit. I'd say your bargin days are over.......sorry just my opinion.....

Mojo

It was either that or say hey there worth 120.00 for every 20 you can get.
Anyways she left alot of 40%ers in the loose ones so i doubt her bf know alot about coins or he would have say something reguarding the 40% kennedys

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
ugotit22 said:
coinmojo said:
cyberdan said:
ugotit22 said:

Mojo

Anyways she left alot of 40%ers in the loose ones so i doubt her bf know alot about coins or he would have say something reguarding the 40% kennedys
Good score. Like you said, she's happy, your happy. Heck maybe you can ge thte girl and then ge the 64's at face..............LOL :thumbsup:
HH S_F :icon_jokercolor:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Silver_Fox said:
ugotit22 said:
coinmojo said:
cyberdan said:
ugotit22 said:

Mojo

Good score. Like you said, she's happy, your happy. Heck maybe you can ge thte girl and then ge the 64's at face..............LOL :thumbsup:
HH S_F :icon_jokercolor:

I actually always get them for face, but since this wasnt my normal teller i decided to give her extra b/c she was holding them. My normal teller whom is the manager said for me to give her only 1.00 per coin and i said no il do 1.50. I would try the gettin the girl thing, however i dont think my gf would like that too much. She gives me crap for even being nice with the tellers and buying them coffee and donuts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread