Virginia vacation hunting report

markmopar

Feb 15, 2008
southern NJ/southeast VA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to visit my folks and brother in VA this week. My brother here won a nice computer in an online contest and since he didn't need it, we gave it to our brother down there.
I did OK during the trip. The first bank I went to was Farmers right in Smithfield. There were 4 handrolls. The other 4 banks in town had nothing. I got home and found 68 40%, one '64 and 6 walking liberties!
My parents were amazed(and amused) to hear that this kind of thing goes on.
Over the next two days I must have hit 25 banks and only got two more '67's. A couple banks told me someone was in the day before and one the week before. Another said "you're the third coin hunter today!" That was in Suffolk. On Friday(on the way home) I stopped at a couple on the Eastern Shore but got nothing.

1-41
2-42
2-44
1-45
1-64
7-66
46-67
13-68
3-69

325268749.jpg

Upvote 0

ROMEX

Apr 8, 2007
Binghamton NY AREA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE,FISHER F-75, Whites DFX, BH TR550-D
That's what usually happens to me, the first bank score, the rest nothing or clad.

NICE CATCH
ROMEX

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Lol... I WISH I could be like the guy who said the first bank scores and the rest blow... but with me... they ALL blow... and 95% don't even have A SINGLE half.

Grats to you on a dream day. ;)

~Dave

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mark, I should have told you not to hit the eastern shore or suffolk, I hit those areas a lot because I live close. But you did good and your road trip paid off!! Good on ya.

-Golden Silver

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice work Mark!! I enjoy searching different areas like you did. Just the different scenery is a pleasant change.

Nice totals.....good luck on the next hunt.

BTW - My mom too was surprised folks do what we do. She still thinks I am nuts.....lol....not literally but surprised I would do something like this. I try to explain how fun it is but I don't think I got it across just yet.....ha!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread