96.5 KB · Views: 437
Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW.....excellent pickup J. Congrats!!!

I would have been happy too....ha! Six rolls of solid silver halves.......that is sweet. I haven't seen that in a very long time.

Again, kudos to a very good day J. Keep em coming...................

Thanks for the picture. Love it!!!

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
So that's what solid rolls of silver look like.

After about nineteen months and easily over $300K in halves searched, I've yet to find one. To be fair, though, I primarily search Fed rolls; and you're likely to only find solid silver in hand rolls.

Awesome find and way to start off the weekend.

Kudos !

OP
OP
J

Jsayre1234

Mar 13, 2008
Thanks everybody! When I first saw the wrapper pictured I certainly did not think there would actually be the coins listed on the outside still in the roll, but they were. I guess now it is back to reality. I am going to stick with hand rolls for a while as my boxes were becoming a complete waste of time. One coin per box just isnt fun or practical. For me it is all about fun! Good luck everyone!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
This kind of stuff happens more than you would think... retarded people or people who just know jack about coins (still retarded in MY view of the world ;) ) will sell rolls that say "Save" or "Silver" or have the years written on them for face value to a bank.

Some old granny finds pops stash of coins after he passes and turns them in not knowing what they are... that or any number of similiar situations leads to finds like you got.

Congrats on them... CERTAINLY a productive day.

~Dave

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Damn J , that is a monster score imo .. wow solid rolls , I am still waiting for some of those ... kudos on a finding a great stash of silver , Ed :thumbsup:

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
BBcardsRI said:
This kind of stuff happens more than you would think... [prohibited word deleted - violation of terms of use - attempts to circumvent this word filter may result in member banning] people or people who just know jack about coins (still [prohibited word deleted - violation of terms of use - attempts to circumvent this word filter may result in member banning] in MY view of the world ;) ) will sell rolls that say "Save" or "Silver" or have the years written on them for face value to a bank.

Some old granny finds pops stash of coins after he passes and turns them in not knowing what they are... that or any number of similiar situations leads to finds like you got.

Congrats on them... CERTAINLY a productive day.

~Dave

R u kidding me with this censoring crap.. what the heck is this world coming to .\
O by the way great score

alpha105

May 19, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
R u kidding me with this censoring crap.. what the heck is this world coming to .\
O by the way great score

Didnt you know.....we are all 12

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Its funny because original it just did this: %$*%)$&W*% to the no-no words... lol wonder what made that loooong sentence pop up? =)

They weren't even THAT bad of words...

What happened top freedom of speech? You would think people who are into silver and are aware of the economy and politics and the like would appreciate free speech... guess not. ;)

~Dave

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrates, I just ordered a $1000 worth of halves, you gave me the itch!
CurbdiggerCarl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread