West Palm Beach Florida

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
Just got home from West Palm Beach Florida. Picked up 7 grand of which a few of the boxes were someones dump.

When I went to dump the rest of the coins I went to a bank with a lobby coin counter. I can not believe they had $500 bags in that machine instead of a thousand. When the teller pulled the bag out I picked it up to put it on the cart for her and spotted a 64. I reached in the bag and told her I needed this coin. I put the bag on the counter and pulled out eight more 64s before the manager came out and took the bag away from me.... LOL I offered to buy the bag but they would not let me. They let me trade eight of my coins for the eight 64s. They said they just don't have any way of letting me buy the bag. I could not believe it. All those silver coins snatched away from me. There was more silver in that little bag then all my seven grand put together. Well at least I got some of them. LOL

HH
Cat

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Cat,

When they saw you taking silver coins out they probably figured they would get them for themselves. Many bank tellers and workers know the value of silver coins. Just because they don't order boxes for themselves doesn't mean they won't grab the coins when they get the chance. I have spoken to many tellers who said that when some little old lady or man came in with a box of silver coins they all split them up after the old person left.

I don't blame the tellers though, I would do the same thing if I was in their shoes. There is no reason why a bank cannot sell you the bag from a coin counting machine. I have heard the same BS excuses too. But I have some cool banks that will sell me any bag from the machine I want. They say it is no problem at all.

Jim

OP
OP
Cat J

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
My bank just made a policy they will not sell the bags because they can not be sure it is accurate. The first bag I got from them was off but I told them I would take it as is. Now I don't worry cause they are probably mine anyway.

Cat

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Cat.....Hadn't heard from you in a while.

That would bite watching them take away a bag holding 90%'ers like you are referring to.....ouch. Good to hear you were able to snatch some before the manager intervened....lol.

I don't understand why they can not sell those bags. I once spoke to a manager of one of the banks that have a coin counter about buying the bin once it is full. She had to to check her her supervisor about this and came back with the answer of 'can't do it'. I was told it was an accounting issue. The machine prints a slip of paper stating how much is in the bin once it fills up......seems easy to me but 'no go' on that one. Oh well....it was worth a try.

Good luck to you girl......good to hear from you.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
All the coin machines around here are $500 bags. There is a good side to baks not selling bags. that's how the good stuff gets into the boxes.

OP
OP
Cat J

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Yep that is right that is how they get into the boxes but I want to nab them before I have to share them with others..... LOL yes greedy.

HH
Cat

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Cat J said:
Yep that is right that is how they get into the boxes but I want to nab them before I have to share them with others..... LOL yes greedy.

HH
Cat
It's a tough habit to break....LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread