Quoting quoted quotes.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Someting I need to say

Just had a thought about many of the posts with responses. :dontknow:

If you feel you must click on the quote buttion to respond to someones statement. Please clean out the rest of the junk. Remove all the text except what you are responding to. click in the quote and backspace over all the text you don't want or delete it by highlighting it and than right click with your mouse and select delete it. It's not too hard to figure out. Play with it a little.

Better yet start you responce by using the persons name and refer to to the subject you are responding to. :hello:

It gets kind of annoying seeing 3 pages of quoted text to put a one line answer. I think most of us can follow the line of thinking / subject. :icon_study:

Case in point. There is a 4 page quote in here.........

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,168116.0.html

Another annoying thing. If you really haven't anything to add other than....... :thumbsup: ......don't bother. :protest:

Also use spell check. ??? :icon_scratch:

I just had to get this off my chest. Sorry if it sounds offensive. I mean none. Just not finding much silver these days and have been reading a lot of post's....... Who am I kidding I read all the post every day..... :tard:

Which I do enjoy........ Mostly :icon_sunny:

Oh and on the side below some people's avatar. There is so much useless information posted there, that a simple 1 line answer turns into a page and a half of plain white screen on my screen, and I have to scroll 2 pages to get to the next responce. :BangHead: :angry3:

Oh and a Half dollar is singular. More than one is Halves. :sign12:

Don't get mad. Just clean it up a little. Just a little constructive criticism. :violent1: :angel5:

Mojo

Upvote 0

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

I just had to get this off my chest. Sorry if it sounds offensive. I mean none. Just not finding much silver these days and have been reading a lot of post's....... Who am I kidding I read all the post every day..... :tard:

Use spell check? So you don't like errors? But you have been reading a lot of "post's"? FYI, it is "posts" in that usage. It is a plural word, not a possessive one. That is follwoed by the fact that you read "all the post" every day. Again, it is "posts". Plural.

Granted, I type terribly, and my posts have errors in them. But I'm not the one stating how it irritates me to read posts with errors and then following it up with two sentences in a row with ... errors. ::)

And no I didn't just need to get that off my chest. I'm still FINE with your errors. Just don't think you should be casting stones within that glass house you (and I) live in.

:-)

Now back to searching boxes and finding no silver. LOL. have a great night, and don't take this OR yourself too seriously. ;D

Scott (Mich)

Mar 23, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinmojo said:
Better yet start you responce..... I have to scroll 2 pages to get to the next responce.
Mojo

You purposely misspelled response, didn't you? hee hee

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
jrf30 said:
Use spell check? So you don't like errors? But you have been reading a lot of "post's"? FYI, it is "posts" in that usage. It is a plural word, not a possessive one. That is follwoed by the fact that you read "all the post" every day. Again, it is "posts". Plural.

Now back to searching boxes and finding no silver. LOL.

So you agree........ Thanks for pointing out my spelling and grammatical errors....

Scott (Mich) said:

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

No. Spell check approved.

Actually I can live with most of the stuff. Just the Quoted quotes thing.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

If you feel you must click on the quote buttion to respond to someones statement. Please clean out the rest of the junk. Remove all the text except what you are responding to. click in the quote and backspace over all the text you don't want or delete it by highlighting it and than right click with your mouse and select delete it. It's not too hard to figure out. Play with it a little.

Better yet start you responce by using the persons name and refer to to the subject you are responding to. :hello:

It gets kind of annoying seeing 3 pages of quoted text to put a one line answer. I think most of us can follow the line of thinking / subject. :icon_study:

Another annoying thing. If you really haven't anything to add other than....... :thumbsup: ......don't bother. :protest:

Oh and on the side below some people's avatar. There is so much useless information posted there, that a simple 1 line answer turns into a page and a half of plain white screen on my screen, and I have to scroll 2 pages to get to the next responce. :BangHead: :angry3:

Don't get mad. Just clean it up a little. Just a little constructive criticism. :violent1: :angel5:

Mojo
jrf30 said:
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

Granted, I type terribly, and my posts have errors in them. But I'm not the one stating how it irritates me to read posts with errors and then following it up with two sentences in a row with ... errors. ::)

And no I didn't just need to get that off my chest. I'm still FINE with your errors. Just don't think you should be casting stones within that glass house you (and I) live in.

Now back to searching boxes and finding no silver. LOL. have a great night, and don't take this OR yourself too seriously. ;D
sneak said:
Scott (Mich) said:
coinmojo said:
Better yet start you responce..... I have to scroll 2 pages to get to the next responce.
Mojo

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
coinmojo said:
jrf30 said:

So you agree........ Thanks for pointing out my spelling and grammatical errors....

Scott (Mich) said:

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

I will try and do better, I promice poromise I, oh why lie, I'll just keep doing what I do even if it annoys some people......LOL

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Silver_Fox said:
I will try and do better, I promice poromise I, oh why lie, I'll just keep doing what I do even if it annoys some people......LOL

Classic.... :)

Until there is a decent rating system for giving posts positive or negative feedback, there is nothing wrong with posting a thumbs up (or thumbs down as needed).

As for the spell check, grammar, etc... Everyone should be looking at these posts as practice for the big day you need to sue Experian for $1000 because they keep screwing up your credit report, or McDonald's because they accidentally put onions on your hamburger, or whatever the situation may warrant. Dispute resolution requires a strong ability to communicate and posting in forums like these provides ample opportunity to refine that type of skill.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I don't use spell check on my posts because this is just a hobby. It is fun for me, and I enjoy posting and also reading posts. I write them, normally pretty fast, and then post. I think my message gets across, even if I spell follow as follwo sometimes.

But when I write articles about CRH'ing and publish them in magazines? Yeah, then I use spell check. And I check my grammar, and I even check my sentence structure. ;D

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver_Fox said:
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

Mojo
jrf30 said:
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

sneak said:
Scott (Mich) said:
coinmojo said:
Mojo

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
coinmojo said:
jrf30 said:

Scott (Mich) said:

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Fox, I wanted to do the run on quote in a quote post but you beat me to it. >:(
So I did the next best thing :thumbsup: I qouted your quote! :tongue3: :tard:
(and added a spelling erroe)

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ah kin spele bitter thin mostest peepuls, butt ah'll be dangded if'n ah wile spele mah stuff teh way sum boddy tales me tu.
;D

$CUERVOJ

Jul 29, 2007
TEXAS
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

Mojo
What about those annoying ICON faces? I hate that too LOL>

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
cyberdan said:
Silver_Fox said:
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

Mojo
jrf30 said:
coinmojo said:
Someting I need to say

sneak said:
Scott (Mich) said:
coinmojo said:
Mojo

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)
coinmojo said:
jrf30 said:

Scott (Mich) said:

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Fox, I wanted to do the run on quote in a quote post but you beat me to it. >:(
So I did the next best thing :thumbsup: I qouted your quote! :tongue3: :tard:
(and added a spelling erroe)

I knew I had to get in quick......some people are as evil as me.

Sorry your post back fired Mo..........LOL
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
coinmojo said:
I should have known better. :tard:

Mojo
As long as you have been here I would have thought you would know where this would go...........LOL :thumbsup:

It is a fun post, thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
coinmojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Well I do enjoy the posts regardless of the little quirks.

I was hoping It might help.

What was I thinking. LOL

It was late.

Mojo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread