Yo account number 154107088, quit shorting rolls

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
I'm calling out the owner of account # 154107088 here in CA. Your a cheat and a thief. I bought some of your $20 rolls. They only had $19.50. I hope all your boxes are skunks. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_31.jpg
    ScreenHunter_31.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 546
Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
SF,

I cannot believe that the banks don't verify them. Pretty crappy. Just like when machine rolls are returned by CRHers and they get resold without being run through the coin counting/rolling machine. You never know if you are getting shorted unless you want to count all the coins in the box. And if they are short, who are you gonna complain to? No way to get your money back. You just gotta take it and hope the next box/roll is better.

Also strange that the bank left the account number on there. Here they run over it with a Sharpie type marker, at least when I was getting hand rolls that was what I saw. Only boxes and machine bags for me now.

Jim

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Aww come on...maybe he/she just lost track of what they were doing. Tonight, I was opening rolls and dumping them into bags, and I thought that I may have forgotten to replace one of the "silvers" with a clad. So after thinking about it for a while, I just threw an extra clad into the bag and called it good.

I could blame it all on the Johnnie Walker, but to each his or her own!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
That sucks but the old saying is "buyer beware".
Small price to pay for the potential of finding that solid silver roll that you're pretty good at!
At least it wasn't in a sealed Brinks box -I know that feeling

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
It's really par for the course when buying hand rolls. It's the price we pay for a chance at silver. We really don't want the tellers to verify those rolls. We would never find silver.

If it's not short it's stuffed with Canadian. Or penny's in Dime rolls. Or slugs for that matter.

S_F
I'm assuming the posting of the account number is supposed to be humor? Right?

Mojo

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Mr. Mojo,

You make a good point...I would rather accept the risk of a short roll vs. knowing that the tellers were checking each roll, and probably pulling out the silver...talk about bad juju!!

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
coinmojo said:
S_F

Mojo
If someone is dumb enough to put their account number on a roll..................

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver_Fox said:
coinmojo said:
S_F

Mojo
If someone is dumb enough to put their account number on a roll..................

Probably an Indymac acct. # - no worries.

By the way any bank named "Indymac" deserves to fail - sounds like a Nascar sponser!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Indymac is what happened when Racing and Fast Food joined forces.

The people from the Indy 500 and the people from McDonalds got together and decided that cars would be more fuel efficient if they ran on hamburgers... because Al Gore told them that the Polar Bears were shrinking... no sorry... the ice that the polar bears needed (because they eat it.. DUh!) was shrinking due to global warming. WELL... when they started fueling the racing cars with hamburgers (for power) and ice from the soda machines (to keep the environment cool)... the cars started to putter and spin out and die down and what not and the whole racing scene just fell apart and collapsed into bankruptcy.

Right?

I mean... that logic is AT LEAST as sound as IF NOT MORE SOUND than anyone who is running for president... so let's all just vote for me and I promise cars in the shape of burgers that can fly in the air with nothing but ice for power by the end of my 4 year term!

~Dave

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
That's probably not an account number. that's a social security number. In the "old" days, people had to put their SS #s on any rolls they brought in to banks. I would think this is some senior citizen that brought a roll in to the bank and still put their SS# on it.

And you posted it on the internet!

:o :o :o

Jun 23, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
i'm inclined to agree, buyer be ware. whether its bags or boxes or handrolls, you run that risk. I've gotten pretty good at spotting short stacks before I accept them, and you can always ask the teller to verify rolls that you think are short... Anyhow, you do have another recourse though, which is to take it back to the bank with the wrapper/account number at which point they will likely deduct it from the depositor's account (assuming you're a regular at that branch and have an account and they have a reason to believe you). Of course, if you do that, you may run the risk of not being sold hand rolls in the future....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear SF...I know it's aggravating but I agree.....part of the hobby. Kinda like getting a foreign coin in a roll.....I do nothing with those....just saving them to send to Wayne for his MD club to use for teaching the disabled kids to MD with. I think we have all been shorted one time or another, but I have also been on the plus side too.

I once picked up a roll of SBA's & Sac's in a half dollar wrapper....that wrapper was so loose. It was odd the teller didn't notice that when she gave it to me.

Most banks I have dealt with have taken a blacker marker and swiped over the account number.

Anyway, I hope your next $20 rolls have $20.50 in them....lol. Hang in there SF.

BTW - I didn't hear you calling out the person who left coins in the coin counter tray that you swiped.....lol.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
jrf30 said:

Why not. If they are dumb enough to put it on there where any one can get it.

Now, I have been CRHing long enough to know I am not going to go whine to the bank about it. I don't shoot myself in the foot. After the 6th roll that was short, I don't believe "some old person" made a mistake. I believe some lowlife knew what they were doing to make a few bucks. So I feel they deserve to have there number out here for the whole world to see. I hope they are lurkers and see it and are gritting their teeth right now.

I was going to post "If you see this number on a roll, run"...LOL

BTW, it's not the first roll I have posted with an account number showing.

And lastly, when I went to dump them (with $20 in them) later a teller said, we can't take rolls with your account number on them sir. I told her I wasn't dumb enough to put my number on them, I got them from another bank, it's someone else's number. She said Oh and took them, numbers and all.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
LJ said:
BTW - I didn't hear you calling out the person who left coins in the coin counter tray that you swiped.....lol.
I post all my machine finds in the machine find thread. If someone wants to PM me and describe what , where and when and they are correct, they can have them back.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:
I post all my machine finds in the machine find thread. If someone wants to PM me and describe what , where and when and they are correct, they can have them back.

Don't take me too serious now SF.....you have been around long enough to know me by now.........

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
LJ said:
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:

Don't take me too serious now SF.....you have been around long enough to know me by now.........
Did you see your wanted poster?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:
Silver_Fox said:
LJ said:

Did you see your wanted poster?

Yes I did......that is funny. Not sure how you did it but it was good. That post has turned into a pretty comical one.....nice change from the everyday normal post.....my husband and I both got a good laugh from that one. I really enjoyed the video UH posted.....hilarious!!!

I enjoyed Mojo's post as well......when I first saw it early on I knew the direction that one was going to take.......lol. It didn't disappoint.

You guys are a kick.....

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting Denver Mint rolls here in Denver that are short. Just happens.
CurbdiggerCarl

Eddie Lomax

May 10, 2008
Central South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Machines- Metal Detecting, Privy Digging, Arrowheads, Prospecting, Catfishing, Harley Riding
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver_Fox said:
jrf30 said:

Why not. If they are dumb enough to put it on there where any one can get it.

My bank requires name, address and account number on every roll.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread