• 0708.jpg
    0708.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Was that a FED box? If so... first of all... GRATS on getting ANYTHING from those stingy bastards.

And lastly... grats on getting freakish amounts of silver in a single roll... 2 and 3 in a single fed roll is like... the same chance of me sticking my finger in my mouth and vomiting out gold dust.

~Dave

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
And lastly... grats on getting freakish amounts of silver in a single roll... 2 and 3 in a single fed roll is like... the same chance of me sticking my finger in my mouth and vomiting out gold dust.

~Dave
[/quote] Dave -- too funny!!! Don't order halves here, cold call only (lousy).
I love my dimes, 10 per 10,000.
Whadda ya mean "fed" boxes?

String & son rolls

HH, AMC

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
String and Son... those are some evil monkeys over there... I've run across'em

By FED rolls I mean those white rip and tear... un-reusable... POS.... annoying as hell wrappers that the coins come in straight out of the box... which is how the banks get them from brinks or their main branch or China or whoever controls our currency these days...

I prefer the customer rolled coin... in those nice brown wrappers with the diamonds or lines on them... that you can re-use and that have potential to hold something other than an alloy that only exists in USA coins and on the planet zenon.

~Dave

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
BBcardsRI said:
String and Son... those are some evil monkeys over there... I've run across'em

By FED rolls I mean those white rip and tear... un-reusable... POS.... annoying as hell wrappers that the coins come in straight out of the box... which is how the banks get them from brinks or their main branch or China or whoever controls our currency these days...

I prefer the customer rolled coin... in those nice brown wrappers with the diamonds or lines on them... that you can re-use and that have potential to hold something other than an alloy that only exists in USA coins and on the planet zenon.

~Dave
Yep, rip and tear rolls. I buy hand rolled with hopes of....You Know!!!!!
The "vault" boxes here have a small payback but it is consistant. They never fail me. I also have a neat bonus canadian pile, they ROCK! AMC

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Is the canadian pile SILVER or just candadian? I keep both though I don't know why... from the amount of canadian I have found in USA rolls I could probably open up my own bank in the yukon or something... so maybe I should keep saving and move up there some day.

~Dave

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
BBcardsRI said:
Is the canadian pile SILVER or just candadian? I keep both though I don't know why... from the amount of canadian I have found in USA rolls I could probably open up my own bank in the yukon or something... so maybe I should keep saving and move up there some day.

~Dave
Dave, afaik they are 80% up to 67? then slugs from there on....my bank counter rejects them either way and I end up rolling them seperately.

AMC

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Well with the Canucks... their dimes were 80% silver until 66 (higher than 80% if you have stuff older than like 1920)

67 has a 80% and a 50% version

and 68 has a 50% and ZERO PERCENT version.

So that stuff got faded out a little slower than it did down in the STATES where we did an all or nothing kind of deal... except for halves... which no used or liked... or had... but we still continued to look for silver in... oddly enough... umm.... yea!

~Dave

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
All but like 10 of those came from like one score... there is a post about it here somewhere.

Thanks though =)

It's what we all look for... pops stash of old coins that granny mistakenly turns in.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread