Dont forget those supermarket branch offices

Lucky Jack

Jul 31, 2007
Don't forget those supermarket branch offices

I just got back from vacation and for various reasons I was not able to do any CRHing which still gets me riled up because I’m sure the banks were loaded to the gills with silver. Well anyway I had to run to the supermarket to get a few things and so I asked at the bank counter if they had any halves. He checked in back and said they had $230 in halves so I told him I’d take them all. This is really unusual for this little branch and I began to think I might be getting someone’s dumps. After looking through them it became obvious that someone had been saving these for a long time. Several rolls were completely Bicentennials. The really good news is that salted through the other rolls were 40%ers. Took 23 40%’s in total. Have a great day everyone, I know I will.

Upvote 0

Bjorn_MD

Nov 19, 2003
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT
Re: Don't forget those supermarket branch offices

Yes. Agree. My first stop at one of these market branches yesterday landed me with just 11 halves to search, but 3 were 40%'ers (my best keeper rate yet). Plus their Sunday hours made it really nice.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
Re: Don't forget those supermarket branch offices

I agree hit one while shopping with my wife. Came up with 13 90's and a few clads. My wife was pleased to know it easily paid for our shopping trip.

Good score there.

b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread