Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2008
    Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
    28 times

Oldest Coin So far while CRHing

2 boxes of dimes produced
    3 - Rosies
    AND
    1 - 1915 Canadian 10 cent piece
    Pretty Sweet
    Anyone else have cool old finds that they'd like to share?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Re: Oldest Coin So far while CRHing

Wow... grats.

That MUST be silver right? I want to guess like... 92.5% or something?

Nice work nonetheless!

As far as oldness goes... aside from pennies, 1915 takes some luck to nab a coin from that long ago...

And as far as weird or cool finds as of late... not much to speak of... nabbed my first Franc from a quarter roll today... as well as a bicentenial which at once point was gold plated but is now just golden tinged in color, a shiny 64' quarter and an old looking 41' quarter today too.

Aside from those... the past few weeks haven't produced anything special asides from the normal take of a handful of bicentennials per 400-500 dollars in quarters and the occasional silver dime/quarter/half. Obivously some canadian and other foreign mixed in here and there but nothing special.

~Dave
    Nickels needed to complete the 1938 - 1961 book (3 total): 1939-D, 1943-D, 1950-D

Nickels needed to complete the 1962 - 1995 book: NONE! Book Complete!

Nickels needed to complete the 1996-2008+ book: NONE! Book Complete! (Through 2008)

Jun 2008
    Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
    28 times

Quote Originally Posted by BBcardsRI
    Wow... grats.

That MUST be silver right? I want to guess like... 92.5% or something?

Nice work nonetheless!

As far as oldness goes... aside from pennies, 1915 takes some luck to nab a coin from that long ago...

And as far as weird or cool finds as of late... not much to speak of... nabbed my first Franc from a quarter roll today... as well as a bicentenial which at once point was gold plated but is now just golden tinged in color, a shiny 64' quarter and an old looking 41' quarter today too.

Aside from those... the past few weeks haven't produced anything special asides from the normal take of a handful of bicentennials per 400-500 dollars in quarters and the occasional silver dime/quarter/half. Obivously some canadian and other foreign mixed in here and there but nothing special.

~Dave
    I believe it is 92.5% silver. At least that's what wikipedia says. Do you know for certain? Congrats on the quarters. I don't Quarter search because I believe you just don't get the same results as halves and dimes. At least as far as quantity, which equals fun for me.

mx
    May 2007
    Good 'Ol USA /
    Garrett Ace 250 of course
    1 times

That is one cool dime.
    HH, S_F
    CRH TOTAL? Thatís just a number and mines UNLISTED.

Swing and dig folks, swing and dig, because according to the late, great Mel Fisher, TODAY COULD BE THE DAY

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

92.5% sound right... the OLD canadian stuff was at that percentage which is why I guessed it for your dime (I ran across those percentages awhile ago looking up some quarters I had lying around).

Sweet percentage for a coin... beats any US stuff you will find. We never topped 90% for modern day circulation coinage.

Nice score once again.

~Dave
    Nickels needed to complete the 1938 - 1961 book (3 total): 1939-D, 1943-D, 1950-D

Nickels needed to complete the 1996-2008+ book: NONE! Book Complete! (Through 2008)

us
    Mar 2005
    Vegas
    26 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

You're right on the silver content, plus it's a rarer year (only 688,057 made). $4.00 in its condition (looks about VG). Sweet indeed! You beat my oldest dime by 24 years and my oldest Canadian by five years. Nicely done!
    Last appearance in pocket change:

Wheat penny - 1958D (5/9/14)
    Silver - 1928P dime (12/5/11)
    Dollar coin - 2007P (Jefferson) (8/12/13)

us
    Silvaaaaa hunter!

May 2008
    Rhode Island
    1 times

Wow... if that is the actual mintage than congrats yet again... cause that is LOW.

At least from looking at US type numbers. I'm not sure what kind of numbers other canadian dimes see.. but in the hundreds of thousands is quite scarce, very cool.

~Dave

Sponsors