Canada Dime 013.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 376
Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Wow... grats.

That MUST be silver right? I want to guess like... 92.5% or something?

Nice work nonetheless!

As far as oldness goes... aside from pennies, 1915 takes some luck to nab a coin from that long ago...

And as far as weird or cool finds as of late... not much to speak of... nabbed my first Franc from a quarter roll today... as well as a bicentenial which at once point was gold plated but is now just golden tinged in color, a shiny 64' quarter and an old looking 41' quarter today too.

Aside from those... the past few weeks haven't produced anything special asides from the normal take of a handful of bicentennials per 400-500 dollars in quarters and the occasional silver dime/quarter/half. Obivously some canadian and other foreign mixed in here and there but nothing special.

~Dave

OP
OP
T

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250
BBcardsRI said:
Wow... grats.

That MUST be silver right? I want to guess like... 92.5% or something?

Nice work nonetheless!

As far as oldness goes... aside from pennies, 1915 takes some luck to nab a coin from that long ago...

And as far as weird or cool finds as of late... not much to speak of... nabbed my first Franc from a quarter roll today... as well as a bicentenial which at once point was gold plated but is now just golden tinged in color, a shiny 64' quarter and an old looking 41' quarter today too.

Aside from those... the past few weeks haven't produced anything special asides from the normal take of a handful of bicentennials per 400-500 dollars in quarters and the occasional silver dime/quarter/half. Obivously some canadian and other foreign mixed in here and there but nothing special.

~Dave

I believe it is 92.5% silver. At least that's what wikipedia says. Do you know for certain? Congrats on the quarters. I don't Quarter search because I believe you just don't get the same results as halves and dimes. At least as far as quantity, which equals fun for me.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
92.5% sound right... the OLD canadian stuff was at that percentage which is why I guessed it for your dime (I ran across those percentages awhile ago looking up some quarters I had lying around).

Sweet percentage for a coin... beats any US stuff you will find. We never topped 90% for modern day circulation coinage.

Nice score once again. ;)

~Dave

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're right on the silver content, plus it's a rarer year (only 688,057 made). $4.00 in its condition (looks about VG). Sweet indeed! You beat my oldest dime by 24 years and my oldest Canadian by five years. Nicely done!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Wow... if that is the actual mintage than congrats yet again... cause that is LOW.

At least from looking at US type numbers. I'm not sure what kind of numbers other canadian dimes see.. but in the hundreds of thousands is quite scarce, very cool.

~Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread