Hello! Lurker with a question...

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
Hello! I am a diehard lurker in this forum but have only posted once or twice. I hit a bank and bought $100 in halves- they were all bank wrapped original rolls of 1976 coins. I don't think they are 1976-s but just common uncs. Because they are still in the original rolls, do they have any value per roll other than $10? Please let me know your thoughts...Thanks

Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Silver_Fox said:
Hey look, a bona-fied lurker comes out of the closet. And wants us to answer his questions. :tongue3:

LOL!!!
You're reverting back to your old self, SF- I thought you turned over a new leaf and wanted to be kinder and gentler... :icon_king:

Myst-

If you have been lurking, you may have seen posts that suggest unopened BU rolls of clad command premiums of varying degrees.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
TXTim said:
Silver_Fox said:
Hey look, a bona-fied lurker comes out of the closet. And wants us to answer his questions. :tongue3:

LOL!!!
You're reverting back to your old self, SF- I thought you turned over a new leaf and wanted to be kinder and gentler... :icon_king:
Sometimes it is hard to bite my tounge. I think I have been doing pretty good. I haven't made anyone cry in a long time...LOL

F

Felinepeachy

I don't know about the coins but welcome to Tnet. ;D Love your avatar. :thumbsup:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey myst, Welcome to Tnet and thanks for coming to us with questions. Pardon Silver Fox he probably got a skunk box today and wants to blame lurkers for his plite. Anyway...If they are just machine rolls from brinks or the fed etc. my opinion is they are not worth the trouble. However if they are the blue rolls from the actual mint uncirculated you may fetch a premium from ebay or a dealer. It is hit or miss with these rolls, it is all about timing and just finding someone that is completing sets and need some mint bicentenials. Hope this helps. And don't lurk...participate.

-Golden Silver

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
golden silver said:
Silver Fox he probably got a skunk box today and wants to blame lurkers for his plite.
And don't lurk...participate.

-Golden Silver
That's what I want to see. And I did pretty well today thank you. For the record it has been 14 boxes since I've seen a skunk.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Hey SF all in good fun you know that. Congrats on your finds lately. It has been a while since I have had one but I have come close a time or two. Happy Hunting.

-Golden Silver

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
golden silver said:
Hey SF all in good fun you know that. Congrats on your finds lately. It has been a while since I have had one but I have come close a time or two. Happy Hunting.

-Golden Silver
;D

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Silver_Fox said:
TXTim said:
Silver_Fox said:

LOL!!!
Sometimes it is hard to bite my tounge. I think I have been doing pretty good. I haven't made anyone cry in a long time...LOL

:'(

Mojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
golden silver said:
Hey myst, Welcome to Tnet and thanks for coming to us with questions. Pardon Silver Fox he probably got a skunk box today and wants to blame lurkers for his plite. Anyway...If they are just machine rolls from brinks or the fed etc. my opinion is they are not worth the trouble. However if they are the blue rolls from the actual mint uncirculated you may fetch a premium from ebay or a dealer. It is hit or miss with these rolls, it is all about timing and just finding someone that is completing sets and need some mint bicentenials. Hope this helps. And don't lurk...participate.

-Golden Silver

And If they are just Loomis / Fed (in Mi.) or Brinks wrapped rolls, they made 234.3 million P and 287.5 million D mint of that year and is a one of the highest mintage years for Half dollars and are not Rare. They are the exact opposite of rare. Only the 71D had a higher mintage rate for copper clad. Over 10 times the normal mintage rate.

In my opinion..... Worthless......Well 50 cent ea. at least....

Mojo

OP
OP
mysterio

mysterio

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks for the input. I appreciated SF's sense of humor. I have been a CRH for many, many years. Best finds include 3 seated, yes, 3 seated in 1 box. I have also done fairly well in the silver department (but nothing like LJ) with a few "cache' scores (ie: multiple rolls of 90's and 40's), a handful of proofs and a nice collection of Walkers and Franklins. Of course, if my time scouring the banks, sorting, re rolling, etc. etc. was tallied and added to the price of fuel to drive around, I would be at best even or maybe at a loss. :D

I have done dimes- and agree, I average 1 silver per $250 searched. Best box ever- 5 silver dimes. Oldest: 1929-S Merc.

I have done nickels- tough stuff- 5 or 6 slick buffs and 2 or 3 hard earned and worn war nicks.

I have not done pennies or quarters.

I have been the guy that "just beat someone to the stash" and I have been the guy that "just missed getting all our halves".

I have been the guy that has argued with nasty bank tellers and the guy who has written letters of praise for the nice ones.

Patience and a sense of humor have kept me in the hobby. My wife is very understanding.

It's a great hobby and I have been to many states where I have tried it with varying degrees of success.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Sounds like you know what you are doing M. Glad you have a sense of humor. Sometimes you need it to survive on this forum.....luckily we have to check our guns at the door...........LOL
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread