FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
It is finally MY turn to say what a wonderful day I had! Finally!!

With 44 skunks in my last 45 boxes, and only 1 40%er total from them, I've still not given up hope, thanks to loose coins and rolls. I've done okay with what the tellers keep for me, and buying a box here and there reminds them that they are to keep the loose ones for me as well.

Today I got a call from Chase bank. Someone dumped $60 of halves. Did i want them? Of course I did. Even if it were a dump from someone else (My first through) I would look at them for a few mintues, drop them in to the coin counter at MidFirst, and be done with them. PLus I confirmed in her eyes that I want all I can get, regardless. I never say no to halves, even if they are clad. I want to be "the" person that they save them for.

I went down there, and got my $60 of halves. Went to the truck and opened up the first roll. It was about 50% silver!! As was the next one, and the next one. Then I had one with not much silver, but hey. After 1 coin in 45 boxes (Not rolls), to say it "didn't have much" is still to be GREAT for ME.

I ended up with 48 silvers our of 120 in my possession. 40% silver. I ended up with

1964 - 5
1965 - 9
1966 - 10
1967 - 18
1968 - 6

Total - 48

48 silvers!!! Add that to my 30 so far for the YEAR, and that puts me up to 78! A BIG jump.

They didn't come in a box (So far only 1 of the 78 has this year) But they are in the collection, and my numbers just grew by a TON. And I"m elated! PLus the girl at Chase was thankful I came in to take the halves off her hands, and promised to call me if she ever gets any more in sometime in the future. She doesn't like shipping them back, so she likes that I take them.

I LIKE IT TOO. :-)

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well congrats John!! You sure as heck deserved it buddy.....44 skunks out of the last 45.....yeah, you deserved it!!! There's that "persistence" thing again....lol. I like your thought process concerning that teller...taking any halves she gets......smart move.

Again...well done John.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you're still behind...hope that person brings more in for you. 44 skunks, I'd'a quit.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I really hope those boxes turn around for you sir, but good luck on those loose hand roll finds nevertheless!

Silver silver silver.... mmmhmmm

~Dave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
man, that takes some dedication to go though that many, someday you will hit a hord, odds dictate that the more you do the better the chances...you cant win if you dont play.
wish you luck.

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
After that relentless army of skunks, you certainly had that coming......and more! A lesser person would have given up! Here's to this being the start of a long string of hits!!
- Grizz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread