Another Last Day of the Month Dream Day

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
The last day of June I hit some dream rolls. Well guess what. I picked up $120 in hand rolls and 4 were dreamers. The first picture shows them as is. The second shows them with the little bit of clad removed. Total.

18- 1964's
35 - 40%ers
2 - Ben's

Plus I picked up a box and got 2 -40's and a 1964. Not a bad end to July.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_63.jpg
    ScreenHunter_63.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 336
  • ScreenHunter_64.jpg
    ScreenHunter_64.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 339
Upvote 0

Santo10

Jul 8, 2008
Great score....

I'm heading out on a road trip tomorrow with $2000, so I am hoping for just half that many silvers in my whole buy....planning to hit banks till I run out of money.

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Santo10 said:
Great score....

I'm heading out on a road trip tomorrow with $2000, so I am hoping for just half that many silvers in my whole buy....planning to hit banks till I run out of money.
Good luck. Hope you hit the mother lode. Please report back.

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Nice score. I scrounged a few hundred in machine rolls and loose today, got a Ben and 4 40%ers. Best part I pulled my first silver quarter from a tellers tray today. HH Mark

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Silver Stripe said:
Nice score. I scrounged a few hundred in machine rolls and loose today, got a Ben and 4 40%ers. Best part I pulled my first silver quarter from a tellers tray today. HH Mark
Sweet, it's always nice to see 'ol Ben. Gotta love those teller tray finds. If the coin is at the bottom of the tray, forget it, they save silver. If it is mixed in with the rest, it's usually up for grabs.

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SWEET SCORE!

Santo10

Jul 8, 2008
Well my road trip had mixed results.....took $2000 with me...left at noon after getting off work...hit my first bank by 12:30. Well at 4 pm and numerous banks later, I had found only $40 worth of halves with zilch keepers...the only thing worth keeping at all was a Bicentennial Ike the teller about begged me to take.

Anhow, as I had to pick up my daughter by 5:30, I started working back toward home....I stopped in one last bank to pick up some nickels and pennies...and of course when she brought me the boxes, I asked if they had any halves. She said they had $310 in the vault. Of course, I took them all...and she was excited to let me have them. Well, they produced 9-40% and 1- 64 Kennedy. So the trip wasn't a bust after all.

The one bad thing that happened was that one bank told me that I was 30 minutes late, as they just shipped a $1000 worth back to Brinks. It seemed as if she was serious....so that really sucked.

So I took $2000 and could only spend $350. Last time, I took $1000 and spent it on my first two banks....and had to cut the trip short. You just never know.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Santo10 said:
Well my road trip had mixed results.....took $2000 with me...left at noon after getting off work...hit my first bank by 12:30. Well at 4 pm and numerous banks later, I had found only $40 worth of halves with zilch keepers...the only thing worth keeping at all was a Bicentennial Ike the teller about begged me to take.

Anhow, as I had to pick up my daughter by 5:30, I started working back toward home....I stopped in one last bank to pick up some nickels and pennies...and of course when she brought me the boxes, I asked if they had any halves. She said they had $310 in the vault. Of course, I took them all...and she was excited to let me have them. Well, they produced 9-40% and 1- 64 Kennedy. So the trip wasn't a bust after all.

The one bad thing that happened was that one bank told me that I was 30 minutes late, as they just shipped a $1000 worth back to Brinks. It seemed as if she was serious....so that really sucked.

So I took $2000 and could only spend $350. Last time, I took $1000 and spent it on my first two banks....and had to cut the trip short. You just never know.

Santo,

Don't feel bad about missing out on the 1000 shipped out. Here's why. I have bought from banks' coin machines before and they are usually great, if and only if they took a long time to accumulate. If the bag gets to 1000 in a short time, it is because a CRHer is dumping there. No way to tell what happened in your case, but is seems odd that on the day you happened to go there you just missed the bag by a few minutes. Perhaps the 1000 was someones rejects and you saved yourself some wasted time going through them. My dump banks are sending 1000 bags to Brinks weekly. The banks I have bought bags from had been accumulating them for over a year or so, and they were not even full to 1000. "Normal" people do not have halves to take to the bank all the time like they do quarters, dimes, nickels and pennies. Perhaps they dump a stash of grandpas silver here and there, but when it is gone its gone. Only CRHers like us have halves all the time to cash in.

I know that if someone buys the bags from my dump banks, they aren't going to get crap, except some NIFCs that I throw back.

Jim

OP
OP
Silver_Fox

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
jim4silver said:
Perhaps they dump a stash of grandpas silver here and there, but when it is gone its gone.
And the good thing about that.....that is how the silver get's into the boxes :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions