AAAARRRGGHHHHH!

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to run some errands at lunch and of course what a great time to stop by and pick up a few rolls. stopped at one of my regular banks and asked if they had any old dollar coins. The teller asked me if I had been in last week and asked for dollar coins. I said yes and she says well todays you lucky day! We just got in $130 worth of old silver dollars. With my heart in my throat I said I'd like to buy all of them. She goes in the back and brings out a bag and I pay for them. Before I can skittle out the door with my new found booty another teller asks me do you want old bills too? I say sure if you have any of those silver certificates I'll take those too. She pulls out and envelope and starts counting. Then the head teller comes out and starts this are you a customer crap. Unfortunately I wasn't so she would only let me have 5 of the certificates. So I bit my tongue and walked out to the truck. Ripped open the bag of dollar coins to have a gander and they're all clad!!!! :'( :'( :'(

Upvote 0

Santo10

Jul 8, 2008
I know that was frustrating...but look at the positive...5 Silver Certificates. Use the Clad Ikes for tips....your waitresses will love them.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
All may not be lost there, Snakeman. Worse case you still got 5 silver certificates.

Among your $130 in clad Ikes, be sure to look for:

Any clad proofs (they were minted in '73, '74, '76, '77 & '78)
Any 1973 P or D (the lowest minted Ike; and not intended for general circulation)
1977P (the lowest minted Ike intended for general circulation; and fairly scarce (compared to the other years) at only 12.6M

Good luck.

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
A lot of tellers call Ike's silver dollars. Don't let it get your heart started. Nice on the silver certs. sounds like you should start an acct.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know your pain, my teller called me at home and said "we just got 15 silver dollars in, you want them?" Picked them up and all clad. I had Peace dollars dancing in my head. Oh, well, maybe next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread