Fell off the wagon today

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I was at one of my banks today and the teller mentioned that they had 4 boxes in if I wanted them. Since I have stopped CRHing for the most part I wanted to say no, but I had enough on me to buy 3 of the boxes so I did.

Got a 1950 Franklin, 1958 Franklin and 2- 40%s. Now I gotta go to two dump banks tomorrow to get rid of the rejects.

Glad I did not hit a dream box or I might be hooked again. LOL!

Jim

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim.....hurry....send me those two Frankies and the 2 40%.....get them out out of your house!!!

Learn to..........."JUST SAY NO".....ha!

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
LJ said:
Jim.....hurry....send me those two Frankies and the 2 40%.....get them out out of your house!!!

I tried to "just say no", but instead wound up saying "just say mo' ", but unfortunately didn't really get too much mo' for the stash.

I would give you the coins, but I am afraid they would get lost in the mail. You would have to pick them up in person. LOL!

Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Better go back for the 4th box tomarrow while your still on a bender. Never know whats in it- could be the dreamer of the bunch. Congrats on the Bens, HH Mark

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Silver Stripe said:
Better go back for the 4th box tomarrow while your still on a bender. Never know whats in it- could be the dreamer of the bunch. Congrats on the Bens, HH Mark
Oh, he will. Once a CRH junkie, always a CRH junkie :stop:

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
Welcome back to the dark side Jim... Go get that 4th box and give into the urges! lol I probably wouldn't make a very good guidance counselor would I! :tongue3:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
You are a smart man Jim... trying to get LJ to show up at your house...

Why on earth would you need to go to TWO banks to dump $1500 in halves? Don't like making the tellers change bags?

I've dumped $3,000 + in halves and $1,500 in other coin at one bank. I made 3 trips back and forth from the car to the coin machine. =) That is my record.

Save yourself some gas, time, and hassle and just push that hassle onto a teller. It is their JOB to change bags and such... you shouldn't feel bad about it! They just stand there all day doing nothing and getting paid for it... make them EARN it! Plus it gets them excercise! =)

~Dave

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Just so you don't feel alone Jim, I have been on vacation, break, sabatical, whatever for almost 3 weeks. Tomarrow I jump off the wagon myself- gonna start slow haha. Prems for silver went up to spot+$3 for everything with these low prices- I went there earlier and CML for $16.50 out the door or $15.95 for "Happy Birthday" etc. bars. See if my competition left ME anything to find, may be the only ways to get silver soon.
HH, Mark

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BBcardsRI said:
I've dumped $3,000 + in halves and $1,500 in other coin at one bank. I made 3 trips back and forth from the car to the coin machine. =) That is my record.

I think my record is around $600 in pennies. It took like 3 or 4 trips from the car.
At the self serve coin machine, I think it was 30 minutes to dump it all through though, but filled the bin only 1 time. :)

My max $$$ value was just over $3000, though I have hit $2000 a few times.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
LJ said:

I would give you the coins, but I am afraid they would get lost in the mail. You would have to pick them up in person. LOL!
Jim

Oh....your tricky Jim...... :wink:. Throw in a several more....................................hundred then I might consider picking them up.....ha!

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
LJ said:
jim4silver said:
LJ said:

Jim

Oh....your tricky Jim...... :wink:. Throw in a several more....................................hundred then I might consider picking them up.....ha!
Jim, make a trail of them like cookie crumbs. She'll follow them right to your door.....LOL

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silver_Fox said:
Silver Stripe said:
Oh, he will. Once a CRH junkie, always a CRH junkie :stop:

Result from 4th box.

1- Franklin

2- 64's

18- 40%s

Jim

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you order more boxes?

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
LJ said:
Did you order more boxes?

LJ,

No this was the box leftover from the other day when I did not have enough dough on me to pick up all 4.
I don't plan on ordering any new boxes for a while because of all the skunks I have been getting in my Brinks boxes. I may pick up a box or two from a different bank that does not use Brinks later on just to see what I get.

With silver prices down it makes even less sense for me to spend time doing the CRHing routine like I was doing. I was putting too many miles on my leased auto as well, running from bank to bank.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions