Retiring..........

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep.....retiring from CRH'ing. I have come to a point where I just will not have enough time for the hustle and bustle that it takes to be successful in this hobby. There is something I have started but never finished so I will pursue that and as they say....."git er done"....ha!

I have had alot of fun and learned a tremendous amount of knowledge on the subject of coins along the way.....yet still don't know it all and most likely never will. Oh, let me tell you....I had a ball!!! I really did. Not only have a made alot of friends here in the forum but at many, many banks as well. I appreciate all the support from you folks because ya'll have been great. I mean that sincerely.

I am not leaving TN....just the hobby of CRH'ing. I will still be in here checking on you folks.....I will continue to update the collective totals monthly. I'll will still throw in some jabs here and there as well.

When I stumbled onto the CRH'ing section....never in my wildest dreams thought I would take this hobby and run with it. After I really got going and starting pulling silver I really got into it and thought...this is really fun!! After a while it wasn't so much of the finding silver but the chase became addictive so to speak.

Anyway, I am starting to ramble here so again, I am retired!!! As always, good luck to all of you.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Bu...wha...

*Speechless*

I think that summarizes how pretty much all of us will feel after reading that.

I don't know what to say... other than I'm glad you are sticking around the forum and that I wish you the best of luck with whatever that something else is that CRH has been keeping you away from.

~Dave

STDevil

Jun 12, 2008
Best of luck to you. I sometimes get tired of lugging all this metal around, and promise to quit when the aggravation factor becomes too big. I know my day will come, and I too will revel in the great time I had, and then move on to the next "scheme" (as my wife calls it)...I am thinking something along the lines of copper recycling, rock hunting, or buying a 1970 GTX to relive my youth.

God speed!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Another member to join the 12 step CRHing program...

This does not mean you will completely stop CRHing. I tried and it is not possible. But you can cut down alot and not waste as much time as you might have been doing.

I still manage to get a box or two here and there. I wish I could completely quit, but those memories of dream boxes are hard to erase.

I have put my extra time into building my business and have been able to get some big clients that have helped the bottom line, so I cannot complain. I wish the silver was still there like when I started CRHing though.

At least you should keep the great avatar pic. LOL!

Jim

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
LJ-

I knew you could do it!
The whole state of Louisiana must now be silver free!
Congrats!!
I know you'll be moving on to even bigger and better things so good luck and don't work too hard!! :occasion14:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Oh com'on.... you DID NOT just ask for a pic of ALL her silver.

That's like asking God to take a picture of all his elephants... its impossible... too many... too big... can't get them all in the same shot... =)

~Dave

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Yeah, I figured it would be like one of those rooms in National Treasure.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
This does not mean you will completely stop CRHing. I tried and it is not possible.

I dunno Jim, when a woman makes her mind up about something, I wouldn't bet against 'er.

Sorry to hear you're leaving the search LJ, your totals were legendary and an inspiration to all of us.

Does this mean hubby's giving up his pennies too?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
LJ,

Be careful about posting a picture,
I let a bunch of these folks talk me into it and the darn post went for ever, LOL
all they could say is "More pics", "more pics"
Someday I suppose I'll have to get more photos posted.
But trust me it won't stop with just one.

LOL,
Thom

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
LJ,

best of luck on your next adventure. Are you going cold turkey or are you going to try to ween yourself off face value silver slowly? ;)

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
LJ follow your bliss. We only get one go at it so make the most of it. You can always do a little searching from time to time if you get the urge. I myself havent done nearly as much searchign this year as I thought I would to many things have come along. Hope your ventures go well

-K

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Hey, it was fun hearing of your adventures. Sometimes after I have gone a month or so without finding anything I consider 'retirement', but I usually do not act upon the notion.

So this last Friday, after 5 straight weeks of nothing, I got a 51-D Ben, and 7 40%'ers.

Best of luck, LJ!
;D

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
Your to young to retire..............LOL. I know you will be lurking and posting. Now just because it's you leaving the game this 'ol Fox won't change his ways. So, WOO HOO, another one out, more silver for me.....cause you know I'm greedy and want it all. Good luck on your next endeavor.
HH, S_F :icon_jokercolor:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread