Speaking of banks.....

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like they know something we don't? Better make sure you are not over the limit at any particular bank, and even then, who knows? Never been a better time to own physical gold and silver in my opinion.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-wed-fdic-banks-aug27,0,4996966.story

http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSBNG28670420080827

Jim

Upvote 0

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
silver and gold are for after TSHTF...you can only keep so many tomatoes/potatoes and flour and such before they go bad...eventually you will take a silver $ for a bushel of taters,and ultimatley gold and silver will come full circle as monetary means...IE;store of wealth...the key is to store things that folks will need (alcohol) man needs things like this...always have always will...IF...IF TSHTF a 1/2 gallon of stolies can probly get you a $10 gold eagle (weddings and such in hard times).

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
jersey devl said:
silver and gold are for after TSHTF...you can only keep so many tomatoes/potatoes and flour and such before they go bad...eventually you will take a silver $ for a bushel of taters,and ultimatley gold and silver will come full circle as monetary means...IE;store of wealth...the key is to store things that folks will need (alcohol) man needs things like this...always have always will...IF...IF TSHTF a 1/2 gallon of stolies can probly get you a $10 gold eagle (weddings and such in hard times).

Have you been sampling a bit of your Stoli this evening Jersey? Ha Ha. I am with you. I keep some unopened bottles of Jack and Canadian Club stashed for TSHTF, and if that doesn't happen, I'll have to drink them myself. Cant let that stuff go to waste.

Jim

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
jersey devl said:

Booze and tabaccy will keep some people happy when there is none to be found anywhere.

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
Have you been sampling a bit of your Stoli this evening Jersey? Ha Ha. I am with you. I keep some unopened bottles of Jack and Canadian Club stashed for TSHTF, and if that doesn't happen, I'll have to drink them myself. Cant let that stuff go to waste.

Jim
[/quote]

LOL yes Jim...and feeling it this A.M.!

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Looks like some crazy stuff is going on in the banking/financial world tonight. Bank of America bought out Merrill Lynch for 40% over the stock price close from Friday. WTF!!!????

Looks like Lehman Bros. is going to file Bankruptcy before morning.

Gold and silver are up in overseas trading right now.

Should be an interesting day on the Dow tomorrow.

PMs are your friend.

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
They are my friend, sure... but not always that good of one!

Silver is starting to climb but nowhere as fast or high as I think it should... some friend!

~Dave

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Biggest bank failure in history, not much said about it though.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/Business/2008/09/27/6900136-sun.html

Also, I was at one of my dump banks today and they had to pay me back in twenty dollar bills. The tellers said that for the last three days customers have been drawing out lots of their cash, with some putting it in their safe deposit boxes and some taking it out with them.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread