Will you still hunt when silver hits $4 per ounce?

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wondering if anyone would still hunt if silver came crashing back down to $4 an ounce.
This would make a 90%er worth about a $1.50 and a %40er worth about 60 cents.
$3.40 silver would make a %40er worth Fifty cents. At least there is that protection right?

If the powers that be decide to make everything fine again after they take so much....what would this do to commodity prices.

Think about this, In the last couple months silver has fallen about $6-$7 per ounce.

Sitting at about $11 today....in a couple months what would you do if the price of silver slipped yet another $6-$7 per ounce?...because everything will be fine right?

What if the democrats win and bring back a powerful 1990s type economy? $1 a gallon gas, $5 silver...and maybe $15 to $20 per hour minimum wage.

Would people still hunt or would the old coins stack up in warehouses.

Reason being, Things always get better. This is nothing compared to the depression or WWII

would you sell your hord...or dare I say it...deposit it!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
jewelerdave

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, I just had to bump this post now that it has been a few years and see what kind of reaction it gets! Looks like i was wrong. Silver didn't hit 4. it hit 48 then cut in half a couple years later. now a few years of dems in charge and yeah. inflation is rampant. so much for predictions right.

Anyway. it was a good laugh to read this again.

Happy hunting!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm in for the long haul I hope, already at 67 & on soc security. I think if it does really drop that low, that I would search & stack that much more than ever. Only wish that I had started stacking in the 60's when I began coin collecting, would have had a couple tons of silver by now. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know exactly what silver prices were when u op'd this thread but I think not long after u posted this thread silver did briefly go below $10 oz. But that was because of people's false belief in the safety of the US dollar. Silver prices should have never been that low then and they shouldn't be as low as they are now. We live in a world of economic illusion and delusion. All these continued interventions by the government and the Fed into the free market and not allowing badly needed corrections and restructuring in our economy to take place only makes our economy much worse.

And yes inflation is rampant thanks to the Fed and despite the ludicrous methodology of the CPI figures that have been engineered to enable the government to continue the absurd claim that there is low inflation. QE is inflation and that is what is driving our economy and re-inflating asset bubbles in the stock market, the housing market and the bond market. Economies don't grow with spending, consumption and debt. That's what weakens and destroys economies. Savings, investment and production are what grows an economy. We don't have savings in this country because interest rates are artificially too low. We are the largest debtor nation in the history of the world living in this ridiculous delusion that the US dollar will continue to be the worlds reserve currency no matter how many trillions of dollars in debt we continue to accumulate and how much we continue to devalue our currency. It wont be much longer before most Americans who have the majority of their savings and investments in US dollar denominated assets are going to be faced with a very sobering reality. If things get really bad they may not be able to buy a single silver dime with all their worthless US dollars.

H$H!

Last edited:

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck no, I will just buy it all from you suckers that will loose faith! Supply and demand will always win!!!!!!!!!!

westkybanded

Sep 9, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck no, I will just buy it all from you suckers that will loose faith! Supply and demand will always win!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly... At less than $8 an ounce, I'm buying all I can get my hands on.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah id stop crh'ing. Id put in more hours at work and buy 10 and 100 oz bars.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah id stop crh'ing. Id put in more hours at work and buy 10 and 100 ounce bars.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd buy a couple pounds of silver because it'd go back up or be worth more in another country

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Id put in more hours at work and buy 10 and 100 oz bars.

This. I'm basically doing this now - taking a percentage of money I make from overtime and buying silver with it. Used to I'd knock off after 40 hours and hit the banks. Now it's just not worth the effort. I still CRH, but don't sacrifice overtime to do so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread