What about bills?

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
What are the numbers for old bills pre-70's, red seals, silver certs (particularly 1's and 5's) Is there anything else i need to be aware of? Thanks
not sure what your asking for.....what do you mean numbers?

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look for your answers in the "Paper Currency" topic. It's 2 above this one.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Not sure what you are asking either...

There is plenty of stuff to keep your eye out for, but you won't see a lot of it in circulation. Big bills, fractionals... the different color seals: blue, red, gold, etc.

~Dave

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant the number of bills needed to find one of those...additionally, are modern star notes still worth hanging on to in circulated condition?

HH
-GC

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i keep all star notes regardless of condition or year....most aren't worth much but you only find them occasionally so i keep them......as far as how many keeper dollars per dollars searched....anyones guess....maybe someone out there searches packs of bills and keeps score.....as for me when i was working in the club i was searching maybe $1500.00 two days a week and only found 4 star bills...a 1950 ten dollar bill...a silver cert...not in great shape...and 1 error bill in maybe 2 years of looking....i know others have had more luck than that....maybe they'll add there 2 cents...

G

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
oh yeah....the older uncirculated star notes are worth more....check ebay to give you an idea....especially bills with star and low serial #'s....hope this helps

G

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also probably get more info if you posted this in the correct forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread