Silver prices

Cat J

Dec 17, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
So what is silver down to now? I will still hunt but if it is really low I just might buy again and wait for it to go up. You just never know what is going to happen. As long as I am finding silver at face then I am happy. Last night I found a 2001s Silver. I was pretty happy with that one. Along with two bens, two 64's and 28 40%er. All in one box.

Thanks
Cat

Upvote 0

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
The manipulated spot prices is $10.63 right now. Actual physical silver if you can find it is selling around $14/oz. Im taking some time off hunting and dumped all my play money into 1oz coins.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Cat J said:
So what is silver down to now? I will still hunt but if it is really low I just might buy again and wait for it to go up. You just never know what is going to happen. As long as I am finding silver at face then I am happy. Last night I found a 2001s Silver. I was pretty happy with that one. Along with two bens, two 64's and 28 40%er. All in one box.

Thanks
Cat

Hey Cat,

Haven't heard from you in a while. I have been buying a fair amount of junk silver 90% halves since silver has been down. The premium is higher than before the great fall, but is still cheaper than .999 premium bars.

Silver and gold have been getting hit hard in the paper market for some reason. Crazy that while Rome is burning the stock market is up today and the dollar is going up. All this money being thrown about by the gov has to be inflationary.

This should be good for PMs long term, but this market is so freaky I am starting to doubt what I thought I knew.

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Silver begins a climb today with the AIG news among the other things finally kicking in a bit. I'm sure it will be manipulted back down within a day or two though.

~Dave

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I want to say I read somewhere that the fed just kicked out $70 billion into the economy. Kind of bittersweet to see silver go back up but know that consumer prices will soon follow.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
packfan_1982 said:
I want to say I read somewhere that the fed just kicked out $70 billion into the economy. Kind of bittersweet to see silver go back up but know that consumer prices will soon follow.

I think consumer prices are already there. Groceries and fuel have been going up and will keep going up regardless of the prices of silver and gold. Although both traditionally correlate with high inflation (high prices for PMs and consumer goods), the powers that are supposedly keeping silver and gold artificially low are unfortunately not doing anything to keep consumer goods prices artificially low. Local utility companies will also be requesting the right to charge higher rates for their services soon in your area if they have not done so already.

The fed is thowing out tons of dollars now, both to defunct institutions and to "healthy" institutions that need a dollar fix. All those dollars gotta cause inflation, or should I say make inflation worse than it already is.

They say the fannie and freddie deal could result in an extra trillion or more in extra gov debt depending on how many of the houses that are held as collateral go into foreclosure, and how much they lose on the foreclosure sale, etc.

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Record setting days for PMs... but how long will it last?

I like how even liberal CNN has the quote: "Whether or not the rally is broad-based retail buying or just another profit-oriented fund play, remains to be seen." to end their article on the gold spike.

Money is finally getting shifted out of realestate etc. and out of the bonds it was in just a few days ago and back into PMs... but how long that will last is the real question. It seems for some reason that the big boys like staying away from PMs lately... and are only in them now as a last resort since everything else in their financial world is collapsing.

It might just take a few small moves or a few shallow words from the government to get their faith back up and back OUT of PMs.

I hope this will not be the case...

~Dave

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good box Cat. Congrats girl.

As for silver.......BUY!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jim4silver said:
LJ said:
Very good box Cat. Congrats girl.

As for silver.......BUY!

Look who's back. Shouldn't you be studying or something? Good to hear from you.

Jim
Always welcome,LJ. Nice box, Cat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread