new to CRH-ing, Question about coin counter reject trays.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everybody ! I'm new to this aspect of coin collecting , actually i'm re-new to it - I used to go to

banks back in the late sixties /early seventies and check hand rolls . could some of you describe

where on these coin counters the reject tray is located ? It looks to me as though a lot of good

finds are coming from these areas . Thank You and happy hunting ! Argentium.

Upvote 0

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
The vast majority of them are on the front of the machine down like Knee-height. Some stick out and some are dug into the machine. They get missed a lot because they are so low in my opinion and people don't know that they exist... foolish if you ask me. ;)

Some machines also use magnets to weed out certain non-coin metals... the majority of which are located in side the machine... requirin a teller or coin-tech to open it to gain access.

~Dave

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
my bank has the reject tray at knee high also....but it is a penny arcade.....and penny talks to you and tells you to look in the reject tray for valuables when your done......b!%$#....sorry...yet people still leave stuff in there...just nothing good...

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
mistergee said:
my bank has the reject tray at knee high also....but it is a penny arcade.....and penny talks to you and tells you to look in the reject tray for valuables when your done......b!%$#....sorry...yet people still leave stuff in there...just nothing good...
People still leave coins in the talking machines. And gold too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread