Bicentennial dream rolls!!!!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
This happens a lot. A combo of the fact they are by far the most minted halves and also that some people "collected" them thinking they were rare or special or would be one day then finally dumped them back after years and the realization they are worthless... well... worth two quarters a pop. ;)

Better luck next time.

~Dave

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Bean said:
Went to a small town bank today, got 10 hand rolls of halfs. They looked really old so I was thinking this could be good...... :)
All ten rolls were filled with bicentennials, all of them.
Anybody else been getting these clad dream rolls?
I cant wait to get my first clad dream box!!!!

Bean
OK, this is sarcasm, right? Yeah, I've had my share of nightmares.

pegleg

Aug 9, 2008
Hell's Cotton Field- NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Happened to me at one of my banks. I got 1k in handrolls they had stored in the vault and 31 Rolls had Bice written on them. Sure enough all of the rolls contained nothing but Bicentennials. I dumped all of them. You can sale about 5 rolls for $30 on eBay. Not worth the effort >:(

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bean said:
Went to a small town bank today, got 10 hand rolls of halfs. They looked really old so I was thinking this could be good...... :)
All ten rolls were filled with bicentennials, all of them.
Anybody else been getting these clad dream rolls?
I cant wait to get my first clad dream box!!!!

Bean
hey still cool

eastbaybounty

Mar 9, 2008
I picked up 4 hand rolls from a bank about a month ago, all said bicentennial on them. I almost didnt even look through the rest after the first roll...... I ended up finding a 40% half in one of the rolls, the only non-bi centennial half of the whole lot. I guess it just goes to show, it never hurts to look.

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Similar thing happened to a buddy and me on a road trip hitting up banks. We hit a dozen or so old yellow rolls that looked REALLY promising... but when we got'em back to the car most had years written on em. Sure enough they were organized by year and non of the years were silver ones. Two rolls were mixed years though and one of them had a lone 40% in it.

Beats nothing right?

~Dave

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Bi's are turned in from collections and more than once I have had found full rolls of them turned in along with full rolls of silver.
Return to that bank often and see if anything else turns up. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread